Greg Shahan - Bog Oak Fighter

Burl Source

Forum Owner & Moderator
Over the past few years I have watched Greg Shahan's work and always liked how clean his knives were.
Just after Blade this year, Murray White posted a photo of a fighter that he purchased from Greg at the show.
This is the knife that Mr. White purchased from Greg.
orig.jpg

I really liked the knife that Mr. White purchased so I got in touch with Greg. I mentioned that I would like a similar knife but wanted to use some of my Bog Oak for the handle material. I also liked how the guard matched the handle material on Mr. White's knife so I asked for a dark guard to match the bog oak with a bright spacer to break things up a bit. Greg got started right away and sent me this photo. The top blade is mine.
blade_zps38dac45d.jpg

This is how the knife turned out. I could not be happier. Greg went above and beyond anything I could have hoped for. Thank You Greg!

zknife3_zps4870bd0b.jpg

zknife2_zps3ef41e8c.jpg

zknife4_zps7f77ca42.jpg

Greg also sent me a bunch of photos taken as he was building the knife. I will try to post them tomorrow.

A very nice knife made by a very nice guy!! Greg is a good Christian man and he has a lot of skill as a knifemaker. I count it an honor to call him friend. I just wish I had his talent.

Back