Got Wilton Square Wheel for a deal.

fluidsteel

Scored an OLD Wilton for $200 off of CL with a stand He had it as a 2"x36" sander. :) He said "the only thing it's good for is grindin metal!"

He threw in 25 belts to boot!

I didn't NEED it, but......

The drive, tracking and idler wheels are all Micarta. Were they from the factory? The drive is machined with weight reduction holes and everything. Sweet.
Picture635.jpg

It came on a handy dandy stand. I'll likely pull it off of it.
The belt would NOT track. But, the tracking wheel isn't crowned and the platen was wayyyy back and the tension arm was maxed out. I could almost get the belts off with full tension, so a little adjustment and it should be good to go.(thanks Greg)...

Dropped it off at Greg Haile's to keep my GIB that I have there company.

Picture636.jpg

You should have got it for half price !.......
It's only good for grinding steel. lol.
Nice haul.

Rudy

Well Greg played with it today since I had to work. He got it running better. The shaft is a little too short and barely seats in the drive wheel and keeps the drive wheel from lining up as well as it should, but no matter. I'll put another 1.5Hp 3Ph motor on it so I can run it off the KBAC VFD that runs my GIB.

I'm going to get rid of the Craig'slist App on my iPhone... It causes nothing but trouble!

Good score!
I don't know what that machine has from the factory but, There is nothing wrong with Micarta wheels.
Matter of fact they use it for timing gears and other auto Motor components.
Besides! You could always make some handles with them!:biggrin:

So is it a 3 x 36" or a 2 X 72" ???

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com/

Good score!

So is it a 3 x 36" or a 2 X 72" ???

Laurence
www.rhinoknives.com/

2"x72"... He laid the belts on the table and measured it as 2"x36". :biggrin: I think it threw people because it was CL for a whole 2 days when I found it.

It's an old machine, but Greg doesn't mind. He get's to use my 2-2"x72" grinders at his shop, while I finish my shop so he has 3 machines to play with now.

Back