Good Boning Knife template

Chris Railey

I am learning to PROPERLY butcher animals, not just cut hunks of meat off and do something with it but actually properly separating muscle groups and learning what cuts come form each muscle group. Of course, this gives me an excuse to make all new butchering knives starting with a boning knife. Does anyone have a good template you have made a boning knife from and then used it (the knife) to bone animals? If you do and do not mind sharing it please let me know.

I am learning to PROPERLY butcher animals, not just cut hunks of meat off and do something with it but actually properly separating muscle groups and learning what cuts come form each muscle group. Of course, this gives me an excuse to make all new butchering knives starting with a boning knife. Does anyone have a good template you have made a boning knife from and then used it (the knife) to bone animals? If you do and do not mind sharing it please let me know.
Yes Chris. I've got one if you want a copy.

I'll get to it this afternoon, God willing and the creek don't rise !
Gimme your email addy.
Bruce, what do you mean his email? Just post the template here for all to see {g} If you wish to keep the template a bit more private I do understand, just had to "gig" you a little bit. Of course, I'm sure there are other folks here like me would like to see the template.

Ken H>

Bruce, what do you mean his email? Just post the template here for all to see {g} If you wish to keep the template a bit more private I do understand, just had to "gig" you a little bit. Of course, I'm sure there are other folks here like me would like to see the template.

Ken H>
Yep

Ken H>
Gotch Ken. I'll post it when I get home from the post office , a little later today. Actually , I have two. Wanna see them both?
I'm ALWAYS up for giggin , being the gigger or giggee is ok with me.

This is what I sell as boning knives, I sell quite a few of these to people in the Tampa Bay area as filet knives for large Grouper and Redfish but the work equally well as boning knives. .100 AEBL blade.

V0E8YqC.jpg

gsqpgg3.jpg

This is what I sell as boning knives, I sell quite a few of these to people in the Tampa Bay area as filet knives for large Grouper and Redfish but the work equally well as boning knives. .100 AEBL blade.

V0E8YqC.jpg

gsqpgg3.jpg

Totally agree. A fillet knife makes an excellent boning knife. For heavier work where you don't want as much blade flex a 4 or 6 inch Petty works great. A fillet knife is the probably the most useful all around blade in the kitchen after the Chef knife.

My idea of a boning knife is basically an extra thick fillet knife. Where a fillet knife might be around .060", a boning knife might be .100" or so.

I really like a good ole victorinox boning knife. I can’t remember exactly what it’s called. Check out the knife the bearded butchers love. It won’t be hard to find if you google “Bearded Butchers knife”. I have one and really like the shape for breaking things down.

I really like a good ole victorinox boning knife. I can’t remember exactly what it’s called. Check out the knife the bearded butchers love. It won’t be hard to find if you google “Bearded Butchers knife”. I have one and really like the shape for breaking things down.
I have seen those guys. They seem to know how to break an animal down.

Back