God is good all the time

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
I have been wallowing in self pity a little lately. Things have been better out here in Nova Scotia for me. However I must not forget how much I have been given. When problems come into our lives we sometimes get tunnel vision. Problems take on a life of their own. We can allow the problem or trial to become our focus. Worry and sleeplessness become normal. Perspective is key; I serve a God who is much larger than any problem I face.
Matthew 6 25-27
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life
God can take my trials away, if he chooses. Building my character and forcing me to grow as a Christian is more important to God than my physical comfort. Jesus never promised a bed of roses in this life, quite the opposite in fact. He did promise to walk with me through those trials. What is greater a God who makes everything better or a God who meets you in your time of need?

You know Brad, I completely understand what you are saying and have been there myself, and to some degree am still there. Knowing the providences of God is one thing, abiding in them is another. I do the best I can and thank God for his grace.
I'm a willing listener if you need someone to talk to.

Back