Glue advice

Oze

Hello all. I have a project that must bond metal extremely strongly to carbon fiber/nylon composite and withstand 2000 rpm of spinning stress. I would be grateful of any input from those who know.

I can't speak to your specifics. I will say that I tried different epoxies and settled on locktite brand...and I use the 2 hr set time. ANY epoxy is a stronger bond the slower it cures. Do not use 5 minute...

Also, I use a gun and mixing tubes for consistent mixing. Yes, it costs more initially...but a better job than a coffee can lid and Popsicle sticks imo...

Even though it shows as unavailable...I shared the amazon the link below because it shows the dispenser and mixing nozzle. You can find them individually. Also, there are after market mixing nozzles that are much shorter and cheaper...shorter wastes much less epoxy.

Hope this helps.

I don’t have any epoxy brands to offer but if whatever it is you have spinning at 2000 rpm is held together solely by some sort of adhesive I wouldn’t want to be to close to it when it’s running :oops:

I don’t have any epoxy brands to offer but if whatever it is you have spinning at 2000 rpm is held together solely by some sort of adhesive I wouldn’t want to be to close to it when it’s running :oops:
Agreed!...some how the term "sling blade" comes to mind...lol.

Back