GIB 2.0 Need a little help gentlemen

bubbyh

I purchased this grinder from jamey at polar bear forge and i must say it is too cool. I am having a problem getting things lined up. I have everything like the pics but for some reason i cant get it ironed out. I would like some pictures of your finished grinder if anyone has the 2.0. Thanks for any info

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Buvvth

Thanks for posting this now, I will start this process of aligning the wheels today if I have time. Hope it goes well for you, If I come up with any answers I will post them, Ed

bubbyh, Did not get to it as I had hoped. My wife is encouraging me to add onto my shop and make room for knife making so I have spent the last week fixing her a nice place for her sewing machine and her stash of material, big job she is a quilter and has piles and piles. We also had to move everything that was in the way,small house. Will try to get to it thurs. as today is busy. Ed

bubbyh, Did not get to it as I had hoped. My wife is encouraging me to add onto my shop and make room for knife making so I have spent the last week fixing her a nice place for her sewing machine and her stash of material, big job she is a quilter and has piles and piles. We also had to move everything that was in the way,small house. Will try to get to it thurs. as today is busy. Ed
Thats cool ed, ive been emailing with a guy who modified his 2.0 and if u want i can send his link to you. He has talked to jamey about the problem. He extended the back vertical post to get the arm parallel to the grinder and it works flawless and he loves it. He also upped to a 60lb shock instead of 40lb.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I have seen that somewhere and know what you are talking about. A guy from my blacksmith that is testing for journeyman in the ABS has another fix as well. He adds another post that is the same height as the one that is there and supports the arm between the two arms. That way he gets rid of the flex that is there, even though you can't really see it. He said that when he did that to his it took care of the tracking problems. He has a KMG and likes his GIB better so that said a lot. I am hoping to get to the tracking on my grinder today, I will have to see how the day goes. If you could PM me that link it would be great. ED

Back