Gentleman's Skinner

antigoth24

Hello all, it has been a while since I last posted but I have been keeping busy. Here is a little project I have been working on for the past couple of weeks as time permits between commissioned orders, but it's kind of funky so I thought I would share. This little skinner started off its life as the remnant of a billet for several damascus rings I had to make. This blade gave me a number of challenges aesthetically as I don't normally make blades this small with such a narrow ricasso, so getting it to be comfortable in the hand and look right was a bit tough. I'd love to hear what you guys think about it the good and bad, the picture is not the best and for that I apologize. I will try to get better ones if the light cooperates. Now onto the knife:

Steel: 15n20 and 1095

Blade Length: 4 1/2"

Ricasso width: 3/4"
Handle length: 5 1/8"
Guard: blued mild steel with fluted bronze spacer
Handle material: Minnesota birch burl

Thanks for looking,

Robert

This knife is absolutely awesome, love the guard spacers and all the other accents you did. Really came together nice. The handle looks ok to me! Its good that you didnt sacrafice comfort for asthetics. This is just my 2cents so take it with a grain of salt, i found that a dog leg handle on these smaller knives are quite hard to pull off, in terms of both comfort and visual balance, i think you would had been better off with a wedge type handle it terms of ease of execution. Although thats just me thinking out loud. Regarldess you pulled off a beautiful knife :D

Back