Genocide Edition !

Marshall Hall Knives

Just finished up these "Genocide Edition" Tanto blades . This is a brand new design for me , customer and I went back and forth for quite some time designing these . Blade material is CPM S30V 1/8" thick , finish is gloss black Gun-Kote . Blade length is 3-3/4" with an overall length of 8-1/4" . Blade is sharp on all three edges . handle is something that I came up with to meet the requirements of the customer . I in-layed customers picture in acrylic for his desired look and mounted them with fancy screws . these two knives are marked 001 and 002 , pics were difficult to show the etching with the gloss black finish . The sheaths are hand tooled and made by myself , pics were specified by customer . These two knives were very specific custom orders , they were definitely a true challenge on me . I hope everyone enjoys them as much as I do . let me know what ya'll think !

IMG_0266.jpgIMG_0261.jpgIMG_0247.jpgIMG_0263.jpg

Well I’ll say that aint my brand of beer:shush:
But that is some mighty fine work on both the knives and the sheaths.

Todd

Can't say it's my cup of tea but these look FANTASTIC ! The sheaths too.
Would you mind telling us exactly how you made those handle scales?

Thank you guys very much for the kind words . the handle scales are top secret LOL just kidding , basically I used a picture laminated it to one side of a piece of acrylic used just the right glue in the correct amount ( lots of trial and error ) used white spacer material to back up the picture glued as well . waited for it to cure then worked just like any other acrylic material . it was time consuming and I suggested to my customer that these are not for hard use as there is better products to use for that kind of application . But what the customer wants I try to give to the best of my ability ! I want to do more of these with a hand rubbed finish and G-10 or carbon fiber , something a little more user friendly .

Like the others, I dont usually hunt that side of the woods, but I do appreciate a fine piece of work when I see it. Good job.

I dig the blade profile and grind - very unique! And I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this to please your customer, and that says a lot right there.
I think that same rig minus the skull theme, like you mentioned maybe hand rubbed with G-10, would be something to see!

I dig the blade profile and grind - very unique! And I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into this to please your customer, and that says a lot right there.
I think that same rig minus the skull theme, like you mentioned maybe hand rubbed with G-10, would be something to see!

I do believe there will be one or two of these coming in the very near future that will definitely be toned down a bit .

Thanks for the explanation on the handle slabs. I actually thought it was moulded like that. It's just a pity it's not as durable as it is good looking.
The more I look at those sheaths the more I like them. Your leather work is the best I've seen in years.

Thanks for the explanation on the handle slabs. I actually thought it was moulded like that. It's just a pity it's not as durable as it is good looking.
The more I look at those sheaths the more I like them. Your leather work is the best I've seen in years.

Well it is as durable as acrylic can be , it's just slick to the feel , and acrylic scratches easily . I actually soaked the handle slabs in water for a week to make sure that they would not de-laminate or the Pic get water absorbed into it . Thank you very much for the compliment !

Back