Gas forge

I went to my pottery store and they had damaged kiln shelves they sold for better than half off!!
The bad news is that you typically need to either rent a wet saw or find a buddy who has one so that you can chop those shelving tiles up into bite size pieces. But it is still cheaper than buying a new "floor" from Chile even though their stuff is thicker and more durable. Any tiel that you get flux on will crack eventually. Better your home made "subfloor" than the pricey piece.

The bad news is that you typically need to either rent a wet saw or find a buddy who has one so that you can chop those shelving tiles up into bite size pieces. But it is still cheaper than buying a new "floor" from Chile even though their stuff is thicker and more durable. Any tiel that you get flux on will crack eventually. Better your home made "subfloor" than the pricey piece.
I bought a 41/2" Diamond wheel for my angle grinder and turned the Garden hose to a trickle cut thru like a champ! I could have cut it dry the blade was listed for it. I did try it but, there was dust all over! I will admit not a super clean laser straight cut though but for a sacrafical floor!

Last edited:
I bought a 41/2" Diamond wheel for my angle grinder and turned the Garden hose to a trickle cut thru like a champ! I could have cut it dry the blade was listed for it. I did try it but, there was dust all over! I will admit not a super clean laser straight cut though but for a sacrafical floor!
As long as it fits.

Back