G10 peel ply

C

crashradius

Hi folks
New here great site. Question about G10. Where do you obtain 1/8" coarse peel ply? I ordered some and what I received was standard G10. Almost looks like twill CF. I have 5 sheets 1/8"x 5"x 12" if anybody interested. Thanks for any help

Hey crash, welcome. USAknifemaker.com usually has some peel-ply but I didn't find it right now, maybe check back now and again, Tracy puts stuff up on his website as he gets it.
I think I know the type of coarse material you're talking about, I've got a few sheets around my shop I use for making templates and jigs.

Halpern titanium & Alpha knife supply both carry the course texture G-10. Dear Crash, you may have the textured stuff already! Sometimes you have to work at getting that protective coating to peel off, thumbnail or a razor blade will help! I like to leave it on until I am almost done with my knife. Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
Sampson Knifeworks

Last edited:
Yes we carry it. I recommend leaving the top layer of peel ply on while cutting the G10 to shape, but peeling it off before contouring. It can be very hard to peel after being contoured and it likes to leave white strands behind that don't like to go away. Give us a call if you'd like crashradius

Back