From the Northwest

Martin Brandt

Hey Dogs, Martin Brandt here. Raymond Richard invited me over here to play. I'm late 50's in people yrs., but am still learning new tricks. Hope to learn some here, and maybe pass a few on as well. Started forging in Jr. high, lost interest til the 90's, and picked up with great interest then and no lookin back. Northwest Blacksmith Association member since then, and ABS apprentice as well. My big passions are period pieces from the fur trapper era, and indigenous blades from around the world. The Phillipines and Indonesian blades being very high on the list. I mostly forge, but will do some stock removal blades when more appropriate. I like using found steel, but use fresh barstock as well. Part-time maker, and sell some supplies at shows I attend to help afford my addiction. I'm not doing pictures yet as that seems to be more complicated than my hands on brain can encompass.

Martin, welcome to the pack! If Ray sent ya, you must be a pretty good guy. Look forward to seeing pics of your work. Believe me when I say that posting pics on here is pretty easy. Heck, even I figure it out and I'm a computer dummy. Check out the link below. It's a step by step "How To" that Go Mike wrote for us computer challenged folks.

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?t=2229

Hey Martin, good to have you here. I used to live just outside Bend back in the early 90's, you know, the dry side of Oregon. Wish I still did.

Back