Free or low cost CAD design App for knife designs?

rhinoknives

I think this is the correct place to put this request?

Hello Dog's & Doggette's.

I am looking for a free or low cost CAD program that will run on a current Mac Mini. The Autocad freebie has terrible reviews about how it's not really free?

I just want something simple for this digitally challenged knife dogger to just put some of my idea's up on the screen in just 2/D even.

Any ideas out there??

Thanks in advance.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Laurence i don't know of any, but if you need to have a specific drawing done on CAD i can do it for you (free of charge) :)

Laurence i don't know of any, but if you need to have a specific drawing done on CAD i can do it for you (free of charge) :)

Shokr,
Thank you! I am trying to find a simple 2D Vector system I can download on my Mac mini computer.
I have downloaded a test of Turbo Cad but I am challenged when it comes to these programs.
I need to make the time to sit down and read the directions ho how to use it properly.

Thanks again for your offer, I can send my hand drawings to Jay at http://www.waterjettech.com
To get my blades profile cut, I just would like to learn how to make the drawings so I can use it for designing some new patterns I am working on.

By the way? If anyone needs any Water jet work done? Jay does Superb spot on work at a reasonable price. No set up charge, He just charges a rate per inch cut fee depending on how thick or thin the stock is?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

well, i hope you find what you want

its really simple, perhaps check youtube for videos, and it helped me GREATLY that Otha Mathews, a seriously talented maker sent me two of his designs to learn. so i can send you a drawing, sorta like reverse technology you know?

if interested let me know :)

Great minds think alike, on my Mac Mini I use LibreCad, it's OpenSource so Free but donations accepted cheerfully. http://librecad.org/cms/home.html

I have used DraftSight as well, it seemed harder to hop into than LibreCad, and I've done drafting before.

The one I am using this very moment on my PC on the ship is CADSTD Lite, just enough for knives, and not much more, if you're running Windoze on your Mac at all.

I print my templates out of LibreCad or CADSTD and glue them straight to the bar with elmers; not as elegant perhaps, but I'm still a newb.

http://customknifetutorials.com/ claims to be a vector drawing system using inkscape (a free program) to design knives. This is just a link as I am a computer dummy and haven't had time to try it yet. Hope it works ... Teddy

Thanks. I just spent a few minutes on that website.

It looks like there are a few different 'apps' there. I think the $0.99 IPAD/IPHONE app only lets you select from 34 pre-set blade shapes, and then choose from a wide variety of handle materials and colors and different pin styles to create a digital mock-up.

I think the $9.99 version allows you to use Inkscape to create your own blade shape, and then create a mock up with various handle materials and pins.

That page also has two tutorials on using Inkscape to design a blade profile. I watched the first and it was very helpful. I'll be playing around with Inkscape tonight. It looks fairly easy to use. I want to be able to create designs to waterjet cut blanks. Inkscape may be the way to go.

hey man im new here trying to get a good template for folding knife i cant seem to find the one im looking for does anyone have any ideas where i can find some

hey man im new here trying to get a good template for folding knife i cant seem to find the one im looking for does anyone have any ideas where i can find some

Back