Found a good metal supplier on line.

rhinoknives

Hello Fellow Knife makers.

I recently needed more of a stainless & brass tubing for my rhino head handle pins. After MSC sent me the wrong sizes I looked around and found www.OnlineMetals.com

They sent me the sizes I ordered in a timely fashion and were about 20% less or more in cost.

They sell all kinds of stuff, mostly non-ferrous so if you need any 304 etc stainless in every kind of shape? Give them a look.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I like both onlinemetals and speedymetals. No minimum order. Will cut to size for a reasonable sum.

I've use Online Metals and I can vouch for them being a good outfit. I too have found them a good source of non-ferrous metal tubing. Speedy Metals is also good.

Doug

Yup. I can't agree enough about onlinemetals. They're not quite as cheap as eBay for 304 I've found but it's very close. I have used them multiple times for everything from flat bar to aluminum in several grades and they're definitely an asset.

I've gotten 416 from Ann at Sheffield's Knifemaker Supply. She is very reasonable with the price and ships right away. Bar, rod and some tube.

Glad you posted this Laurence because I have been wondering about them. Good to know they are a good company.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hi,
both speedy and online have stores on eBay that are even cheaper than their websites. while on this subject, has anyone found a place that has small diameter(3/8" or less) bronze tubing or round stock.
scott

Online has a great assortment of tubing with different wall thicknesses for making mosaic pins, there material prices are fair, but there shipping is a little pricey. Last time I ordered the shipping was more than the materials, of course it was a small order though.
Clint

I buy all my brass and copper pin material from them. You can get a 4' to 6' section for about what a lot of the knife supply houses want for a foot! I also ordered some mixed bar stock for bolsters from them. Quick and cheap!

Back