Fossilized dino bones

A.W.Stovall

I have some I want to get stabilized Which company do you company is best for this application I have used K-G , WSSI and Cullpeppers but never have had dino bones done.
Thanks Anthony

I would use Mike at WSSI. He can be a bit hard to catch but you can call and talk with him about the Dino-Bones.
Of all of the Stabilizer people out there he is the one with the most experience that does the work himself that does the most consistent high quality work .

I use to use K & G but unfortunately there work is not as consistent anymore since Ken retired and it seems there was a different kid in the back room almost every time I called.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Hi Anthony,

Fossil dino bone is basically a stone. I don't think there is an advantage to having it stabilized.

Anthony yup sounds like crap send it to me ill look after it lmao . But on the serious note it does need to be stabilized to fill in all the cracks and voids some times the fossil can crumble. Im doing some neat stuff in the near future. Let you know in a month when its done.

That is not always so, As strange as it sounds, sometimes there is less stone material in a fossilized bone than other times.

Also filling the pores will help make it less breakable to some degree and will increase the shine of the final polish.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Cool, I was just going by the word of the two different services that told me that there is no benefit to stabilizing it.

I have used the fossil from Charles Turnage and it is stabilized and dyed, but this is not the teeth it is actually bone and porous I'll take pics

I am not a molecular biologist, but the thing I watch for with stabilization is if it will add weight and take a better shine & dye even to some extent? You are filling in pores and crevices in the material.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Back