Fleur de Lis

brian chovanec

Hi good people,haven't shared in a while so I thought i'd show yas this one I've finished recently...Damascus blade,tang through take-down glueless construction,black walnut,bronze/brass ,sterling silver,saphyres,over 300 hand made pieces in this composition,the case is carved/hollowed out of one solid piece of seasoned walnut,with secret hidden locks and stuff lol ...hope you'll like ;)

Attachments

• DSCI1154www.jpg
    DSCI1154www.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCI1151www.jpg
    DSCI1151www.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCI1150www.jpg
    DSCI1150www.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCI1152www.jpg
    DSCI1152www.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCI1149www.jpg
    DSCI1149www.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCI1148www.jpg
    DSCI1148www.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCI1143.jpg
    DSCI1143.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCI1145www.jpg
    DSCI1145www.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 60
Man O Man, this is a work of art. Beautiful and so much skills involved. The secrets locks must have made your head hurt.

yeah,there was a bit of a headache,but what makes up for it is when everytime I show it to someone and tell them to open it...and watching them suffer while they are trying to figure it out...priceless lol

Last edited:
That is quite a work of art!
I am impressed with your talent and dedication to make a Cutlass knife of this caliber.

Truly fine craftsmanship and a treasured work. This is the first set of fine cutlery I have seen of this caliber. By far some of the most detailed artistry and craftsmanship I have seen to date. Thank you for posting your work.

VERY NICE! Museum quality work. I like the flow of the lines throughout the entire project. Well planed and executed.

Peter

It would be a shame if somebody actually decided to "use" that knife - pure art! Worthy of any museum display. I'm also interested in how many hours of work involved, but I doubt even you have any idea other than "LOTS OF TIME"!!!!

Great work,

Ken H>

Back