First Website! please check it out :D

I'm pretty critical when it comes to websites, but yours is nice and clean and well organized with good navigation and an appropriate minimum of categories. One of my favorites, and I really the best I've seen that wasn't done by my wife. Pictures are good and clear, colors are pleasant, it generally isn't cluttered (the bane of most sites everywhere), and excellent font choices (no Papyrus!). Overall, for a knifemaker website I give it a 8.5-9. Some hopefully helpful critiques, if you're interested in why not 9.5-10:

-I ha... strongly dislike splash pages. Much better to have a home page with navigation than to have to click again to actually enter the site. It's a pet peeve of mine.

-I'd seriously cut down the text on your about page. Blogs are for essays, about pages are for brevity.

-Typos and misspellings and incorrect punctuation stick out like 200 grit belt scratches on a 600 grit finish, and have the potential to communicate the same thing to customers.

You aren't too far from me (I'm in Katy), and I wasn't kidding about getting together when I'm back.

-I like to see a brief (think a sentence or two) description of a knife and/or some stats about size and materials. Just the basics.

Enjoyable sight. Much better than most I have seen. It is the first time I have seen the quote of Pecasso used by anyone but me. Great minds must think alike. Ed

WOW! thanks allot Travis for taking the time to not only navigate my entire page, but point out the short comings.
i really need to get someone to proof read my stuff! lol ill get on that.
the splash page i personally like, but doesn't work on some platforms (ancient androids primarily) so i may get rid of it entirely. idk
the gallery's are in need of allot of work! i like the idea of a short description but have not yet figured out how to cleanly integrate that feature. ill get on that too!

and awesome. lets get together then. katy is not far from me at all, I'm in spring and find myself down that way quite often. well atleast downtown since i go to UofH.

again thanks buddy!

Enjoyable sight. Much better than most I have seen. It is the first time I have seen the quote of Pecasso used by anyone but me. Great minds must think alike. Ed

HA! didn't know it was your sig line. I really like that quote, as i believe its the perfect descriptor for advancing in a craft.

Back