First use of sambar crown, & second added

Wow! That is beautiful. The lines, the choice of material and the fit and finish is incredible.

Now that is a beautiful knife! The design, the finish work, and overall appeal are right on target. Very nicely done.

really nice knife; reminds me of a scagel, albeit with some different handle materials. coincidentally, i'm trying to make a scagel style knife now :)

really nice knife; reminds me of a scagel, albeit with some different handle materials. coincidentally, i'm trying to make a scagel style knife now :)
Thank you. A couple years ago I made a scagel influenced knife in a Gil Hibbens class. This is the first Bowie after Gil’s class so it does have that influence but not as much curve on the spine as in Gil’s class.

Nailed it. The fit and finish is superb. The way you blended the pins to the horn...Lol!! THAT is attention to detail.

Now that is a beautiful knife! The design, the finish work, and overall appeal are right on target. Very nicely done.
Brandart has nailed it with his comment. It is a well made knife, and aestethically pleasing to my eye. Nice lines and beautifully finished. Well done.

Thank you again for the nice comments. I have another of same style in the works. Some pics on Instagram @mjlknives The positive comments are motivating. Thanks, Mike

...Second use of sambar. All the stats are the same as the original posted knife except the wood in this spacer is corrugata burl. No sheath yet.
SambarBowieSecond8.jpgSambarBowieSecond7.jpgSambarBowieSecond6.jpg

Back