First time using 1084 and G10 and my Makers Mark

Wow Justin, I was waiting to hear you say "and add the eye of a newt to the mustard" Ha ha.
All kidding aside that knife came out nice. I use a lot of G10 myself, I know a lot of people don't like the dust and neither do I but it sure makes a nice nearly indestructible handle.
if I could add one thing to that blade I'd chamfer the inside of those lanyard tubes...if they aren't already, I can't be sure with those pics.

Lol yeah looked up like three ways to do a forced patina and then combined them all lol:p

How would I go about chamfering the lanyard tube and a second but equally as valuable question what is chamfering LOL

How would I go about chamfering the lanyard tube and a second but equally as valuable question what is chamfering LOL

To chamfer means to knock the corner off. The mouth of the lanyard tube can be a bit sharp or toothy. A chamfering tool or a countersink can be used to knock that edge off the inner lip. Or a conical stone in a dremel tool works great.

To chamfer means to knock the corner off. The mouth of the lanyars tube can be a bit sharp or toothy. A chamfering tool or a countersink can be used to knock that edge off the inner lip. Or a conical stone in a dremel tool works great.
OK sweet I'm gonna have to pick one up

To chamfer means to knock the corner off. The mouth of the lanyard tube can be a bit sharp or toothy. A chamfering tool or a countersink can be used to knock that edge off the inner lip. Or a conical stone in a dremel tool works great.
You can also use a larger drill bit in a pinch, turned by hand.

That's a fine looking knife, Justin! Really like the shape of the blade and the mustard patina. Nice job!!!

Thank you everyone for the kind words I hope to fine tune this design in the near future. I never would have been able to make it this far without having this great community to lean on

Back