First knife x 2

Self Made Knives

I just uploaded an album of my first knife, and/or second one. Last fall, I made the one with the paracord on it, with a filing jig. It's 1/8" thick, O1 tool steel. I bought that piece of steel solely to make a knife, over 20 years ago. It has sit in my garage, moved along with me, into my new shop, etc. I was looking for something one day, and came across that piece of steel, and decided it was time. Put it off long enough.

I was pretty happy with it, but not happy with the process, so I built a belt grinder from one of the forum member's plans, Wayne Coe. First test of the grinder was to build the same knife again, kind of... The second was thicker, 5/32", and I tried a swedge and clip point this time. I think the first felt a little thin, second seems more like it should be.

I've finished one more since then for my daughter, a small little hunter with micarta handles, and I'm trying a folder now. My maker's mark/name is Self Made.

Anthony

SAM_0086.jpg

Thanks guys. Since I've only made 3 knives so far, let's just get it all out there. Here's #3 too. I made this one for my daughter's 10th birthday. It's small with a fat handle, hopefully to fit a kids hand better. This was my 3rd knife overall. O1 steel, corby bolts, stainless thong tube, canvas micarta, import sheath. Pic's not so great, taken with a cheap phone.
molly knife 3.jpg

Back