First knife done!

shaynster

Here is my first knife. I don't think it turned out to bad. Tell me what you think?

Here it is after I put a patina on it.

Whoa that looks better than my 7th knife ha what did you use to make that patina?

Two thumbs up. I always like to know what tools people use on there first knife ex. 1x30 or a 2x72 grinder, a heat treat oven or a oven and so on? after your first experience what part of the process was the hardest for you?

i used a file and sand paper. cut every thing out with a hack saw, and drilled he handle holes and buffed the knife with a 1/4 hp hand drill. the hardest part is just doing it at all. sent the blade to texas knifemakers and had it heattreated. loved every minute of it. great first knife looks good and useable can't weight to see more keep it up.

Two thumbs up. I always like to know what tools people use on there first knife ex. 1x30 or a 2x72 grinder, a heat treat oven or a oven and so on? after your first experience what part of the process was the hardest for you?

Here is my little shop I just started. http://KnifeDogs.com/showthread.php?32392-The-knife-making-bug-bit-me! I would say the hardest part for me was keeping my grinds even. I used 1084 and heat treated myself with a propane torch and a homemade oven made out of fire bricks.

Last edited:
Back