First Folder Serge Inspired

antigoth24

Well in my hard to prove sanity, with one week until my biggest show of the year I decided to try and make my first folding knife. Despite some minor frustrations, I have to say it was the most rewarding and exciting project I have worked on in years. This one was heavily inspired by Serge Penchenko's relic series and I think you will notice the influence. :) The blade is 1084 with a "grunge" hamon and carving. The scales are textured brass and cast copper with decorative mild steel elements. I was originally going to have dual brass scales but I messed up the one and so to save time I just made a mold of the other and cast it. The spacer is diver salvaged wrought iron from Lake Superior. The blade measures in at four inches and it has a very satisfying "snap" when it comes open (I managed to create a partial friction lock on the spine for the stop bar to "lock" into). Overall I was very pleased with the end result and happy to have finally hit this milestone. All comments are welcome please let me know what you think.

Robert

A visual feast, I'd love to hold that one in hand, has that appearance of being alive.
To me the aging of the metals is such a plus.

Last edited:
Back