First boot sheath (for my first dagger & the one I needed black thread for)

Winterbear

well here it is , a number of things I would have done differently but I do like it. The thread ended up a bit lighter than I thought so it got double stitched and I plan on trying to wet form it a bit more to shape. 9-16-10 010.jpg
9-16-10 011.jpg
let me know what you all think.
Chris

Looks nice :) The only thing I'd have done is set the knife deeper in the sheath, a little more security. Otherwise you've done very well. :biggrin:

What no pics of the knife next to the sheath? :what!:

I would love to see the knife to see how it and the sheath go together!:52:

The sheath looks good though and you should be proud of your efforts!:35:

Last edited:
True can't quite see how the sheath works when you can't see the gaurd ect. So here it is ebony handle ivory and silver spacers lightly etched wrought iron gaurd, blade started as a small nicholson file. got a bit of a suprise hamon unintentionally overall very pleased as it is only my third knife entirely by me , blade gaurd and handle so to speak.
chris
9-16-10 014.jpg9-16-10 017.jpg

Hey Chris,
Nice job on both, especially for the third knife and first boot sheath. Keep up the good work!
Bruce

True can't quite see how the sheath works when you can't see the gaurd ect. So here it is ebony handle ivory and silver spacers lightly etched wrought iron gaurd, blade started as a small nicholson file. got a bit of a suprise hamon unintentionally overall very pleased as it is only my third knife entirely by me , blade gaurd and handle so to speak.
chris
View attachment 15106View attachment 15105

Now I like that! :35:

Back