Finished this one up

Justin Presson

This is my 4th completed knife and thought I would share and see what ya fellas think.

O1 steel
HT by Darrin Sanders to 60 HRC
Zebrawood finished with truoil
400 grit hand finish on blade
And my new makers mark that I'm excited about knife feels more complete with it.

6u8ypytu.jpg

3aba7uza.jpg

upydymy7.jpg

qezurupa.jpg

This pic was just me playing with my phone photo app but it looks too cool I had to share makes the knife look better than it probably is;)
uqu3esah.jpg

Thanks for looking
Justin

Hey Justin - nice job. I hope my 14 knife looks that good. I'm working on my first one (see my WIP). The mark looks great! That DIY power supply did the trick. Good Job,

Wallace

Hey Justin - nice job. I hope my 14 knife looks that good. I'm working on my first one (see my WIP). The mark looks great! That DIY power supply did the trick. Good Job,

Wallace

Thanks man it sure did so glad I went that route. I will check it

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

SWEET MAN!! I'm glad to see you marking your blades and I like the mark itself. In my opinion, less is more, when it comes to marking blades.

Justin,
Cool little EDC, I see a Lanyard thong tube on your next one. I like that handle shape and thumb drop area.

This is my 4th completed knife and thought I would share and see what ya fellas think.

O1 steel
HT by Darrin Sanders to 60 HRC
Zebrawood finished with truoil
400 grit hand finish on blade
And my new makers mark that I'm excited about knife feels more complete with it.

This pic was just me playing with my phone photo app but it looks too cool I had to share makes the knife look better than it probably is;)
uqu3esah.jpg

Thanks for looking
Justin

So you asked, and see what ya fellas think! So here goes I love the look of the knife and the sheath, use of materials. All except for one thing, and this may be more my personal preference! I do not like the thumb indentation, I personally feel it takes away from your knife. I realize the knife is smaller and maybe you felt the indentation was needed but personally I would rather see some file work in the area or nothing at all. The file work will give something for the thumb to get grip on.

I am a user of knives as well as a maker and the only time I have ever really had trouble holding onto a knife is when cleaning fish or extended processing of big game. It is a really good looking knife and to me that is the only thing I don't like about it. I know some makers do that thumb indentation but it always bugs me. So take a suggestion for just that and try it without on your next one and see if you like it. Heck if you don't its not hard to grind one in!:biggrin:

Oh, and I like the makers mark!

Last edited:
C.Craft thanks for the feedback!!! I can see what you are saying but for me the design is more of a caping style knife and the function of the indentation is more for using it for your index finger not your thumb choking up on it when doing fine caping skinning work. ....even though the photo shows my thumb:eek:
More like this same style different knife
eguse4yp.jpg

Back