Finished Hunting Knife

Looks great, nice save. Yes that knife needs a better photo session. Look at other nice knife photos and see what they use for backgrounds. Sometimes just outside on top of some natural elements. Stay away from direct sun or direct lighting. Try not to get a shadow of the knife. I like taking pictures when the sun is low so there is no shadow.

Here is what I was referring to! From left to right it would be 2nd to the last! I have seen chisel grinds on a knife and of course it reacts just like a chisel. Cutting straight down it will cut well, however it cuts on the flat side of the chisel cut, however it pushes the other side out of the way. Especially the deeper you cut downward!

That in itself is the problem with a chisel grind on a knife. If you turn that chisel grind parallel when cutting, say trying to split a piece of meat or anything else for that matter, it wanders up or down when you try to cut this way, as it always cuts to the flat side.

Just like a wood chisel turn the flat side towards the wood and it shaves across the wood. Turn it with the flat side up and it bites into the wood. The very reason I don't like a chisel grind on a knife!
knife_edges.jpg
attach7913_20181127_063006-jpg.66199
That is why I was asking if it was the angle the picture was taken at or did you do a chisel grind!! A knife with a chisel grind is hard to control due to the nature of the grind!!

Here is what I was referring to! From left to right it would be 2nd to the last! I have seen chisel grinds on a knife and of course it reacts just like a chisel. Cutting straight down it will cut well, however it cuts on the flat side of the chisel cut, however it pushes the other side out of the way. Especially the deeper you cut downward!

That in itself is the problem with a chisel grind on a knife. If you turn that chisel grind parallel when cutting, say trying to split a piece of meat or anything else for that matter, it wanders up or down when you try to cut this way, as it always cuts to the flat side.

Just like a wood chisel turn the flat side towards the wood and it shaves across the wood. Turn it with the flat side up and it bites into the wood. The very reason I don't like a chisel grind on a knife!
View attachment 66203

That is why I was asking if it was the angle the picture was taken at or did you do a chisel grind!! A knife with a chisel grind is hard to control due to the nature of the grind!!

You forgot the asymmetrical compound slightly off rusted bevel. I've mastered that one.

Back