Finally got some good shop time.

GeneK

KNIFE MAKER
This summer has been busy and I haven’t been able to work on knives as much as I would like to. Finally got some time this weekend to work on a few.

I got the guards and handles fit on a couple knives I made from files and a twist Damascus blade. I made a Damascus guard for it and it almost kicked my butt trying to get everything to a final fit and finish before I etched the guard.

I also got a guard forged and milled to fit the wrought iron San Mai blade I’m working on.

Now to decide what to use for the handle on it.

Daniel Macina

Gorgeous! What are the numbers for in your makers mark? I'm assuming year and possibly number of blades made this year? Maybe I'm way off.

GeneK

KNIFE MAKER
Thanks everyone.

Daniel, the first number is the total number of knives I've made and the 2nd is the year this knife was made in.

Thanks John. Ive got a carbide file guide I made myself that we'll just say it at least looks like a file guide. I have to do a little free hand tweaking to get a decent fit. I need to order a good one and save myself a lot of headaches.

EdCaffreyMS

Forum Owner - Moderator
NICE! Even after all these years, I still get that excited feeling when things get close to "the finish line". :) All are well designed and executed!

Super awesome! Next level! I have some beautiful pieces of wood that would look amazing as a handle on the last one. I’m a little pricey though hahahah. Seriously though, these knives are excellent! I’m gonna make me some of that Damascus one day... as soon as I learn how to make a knife. Great job, brother!

GeneK

KNIFE MAKER
NICE! Even after all these years, I still get that excited feeling when things get close to "the finish line". :) All are well designed and executed!
Thanks, Ed. I think my excitement came from getting these this far without any major mess ups. I've only done one other hidden tang with a guard.