finally finished second knife

Looks pretty good! Much better than my second knife. Not a bad job on the vine filework also, might look a little better if the vine was thinner, but that's just an opinion. Are those brass liners? I did that on a knife once, looked nice but made an already handle heavy knife even heavier. I think you did a great job, just nick picking, I do that on my own knives too. :)

I agree in the vine. It didn't seem to be that thick before the handles were put on. Yes that is brass liners it actually came out perfectly balanced. I think it's because I made the blade to big for the handle

Nice looking knife, especially for only being your second. I'm going to nit pick too. The one thing i noticed was the small gaps between the brass liners and the wood. Pick up a small granite slap to sand on and true things up before glue up. I used to drive myself crazy trying to true things up before i bought the granite.

I like the overall design looks very functional.

-Aaron

Aelgin those aren't gaps it's were metal fillings from sanding stain the wood black. Do you know how to prevent that in the future. Also nit pick as much as you want I'm taking notes for the next one

Back