Finally finished a camp set! snakeskin sycamore and 1095 pair

dereklee12

It feels like it took me forever to finish the chopper. Both are made of 1095 steel with 416 pin and a mosaic center pin. The handle is snakeskin sycamore. The small utility knife has a 3 1/4" blade and the total length is 7 3/4". The chopper has a 8" blade and a total length of 13". thanks for looking. As always any feed back good or bad is welcome.

Derek Lee

campchopper.jpgcampset1.jpgcamputility.jpg

Thank your Laurence. I have taken your words and applied them as best as I can. The small one has a lot more figure to the handle and it is very comfortable. I was thinking about shaping the chopper the same way but I held it and I felt that having a little more meat would give more grip in heavy swinging applications. It is a little more squared off but I didn't want it to slip easily.
Derek Lee

Thank your Laurence. I have taken your words and applied them as best as I can. The small one has a lot more figure to the handle and it is very comfortable. I was thinking about shaping the chopper the same way but I held it and I felt that having a little more meat would give more grip in heavy swinging applications. It is a little more squared off but I didn't want it to slip easily.
Derek Lee

Derek,
They are your knives and your designs. I am happy to help when I can and glad to hear that my 2 cents were helpful.

Again Laurence thank you for helping me see the entire tool. I dont even recognize my old work. All my knives feel so much better in hand now.

Derek Lee

Back