Finally, a surface grinder!

fluidsteel

I've watched this SG go from $795 to $275 on CL. I didn't have $795 and didn't "need" a SG....so it sat on CL... I have been sorely tempted to call when it was at $495 and $375....

Well, Friday a customer gave me a $100 tip for coming out late to fix a dripping hose bibb. He wanted me to re-pipe the way it was coming out of the house and so I scheduled to return in the morning...since it would take a couple hours....When I returned he gave me another $100! :biggrin::biggrin:

The latest price change on the SG this week to $275 sure was looking like a good now! :1:

So, I decided to go look at it. It is a Brown & Sharpe No.2 SG it has a newer Enco 6"x12" magnetic chuck. The ways are glass smooth and it ran like a dream at his dad's old shop. We loaded it on my truck and I slid it down the ramp into my garage. I need to get it under power and working.

Picture025.jpg

It came with 40 or so wheels, but I'm just going to order some new Norton wheels.

I paid $260 for it. For another $60 I got a box of misc machinist parts, dowel pins, 20+ new taps, 15 endmills new in their tubes, a 4" bench vise, a box of tool steel consisting of 1"x3"x3" pieces of Carpenter's Vega, 1"x5"x3" pieces of Crucible A2 and misc Starret O1 and a 1/2"x12"x16" piece of magnesium.... and 4 100' rolls of brand new Starrett bandsaw blades, two for wood, two for metal...:biggrin::biggrin:

On Saturday I bought a few items at a garage sale including all these files for $20... The round files, rat tail files and triangle files were almost all new.

I'm looking forward to using my SG to flatten my forged blades. :9:

Picture023.jpg

Might as well set it up with a belt toget started. You will be glad you did if you do.
great perchase on SG and files all the extras is like ice cream with cake.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty stoked. Looking forward to getting to know how to use it.

I just need to find a deal on a mill next!!

Back