Few of my creations

bodam

ok I'm going to try and post a few of the knives that I've completed, but I keep having issues posting pics.

So here goes

This knife is my camp style, 440c with spalted tamarind handle.

Attachments

• IMG_0440.JPG
    IMG_0440.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Next, custom recurve that I named the Gibson, since the first one went to a buddy and he loved it. 440c and dyed stabilized handle. Filework along spine in vine pattern.

Attachments

• IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 34
I call this the Sticker. Kind of a slim skinner style. Fits in the hand perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_0458.JPG
    IMG_0458.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
These are two small skinner style knives, they started as a neck design, but I love how they sit in the hand.

Spalted Sycamore and Spalted Pecan. Two of my favorite handles

Attachments

• IMG_0489.JPG
    IMG_0489.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
This is the first time I've made this shape. The design was supposed to be a daily carry style, slim and smaller than what I normally make. I actually like the way it fits in the hand. Birds eye Maple handle, 440c

Attachments

• IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
Very nice collection of knives!! That skinner is very different but in my imagination should work very well using the top as "slip control" rather than the bottom. Nice design on all.

A really nice portfolio of knifes that you are showing us. I especially like the choice of handle material that you have used on the different knifes. Particularly the first two knifes and the two skinners. Thanks for sharing

That is some nice work. If you use Imgur you can display larger photos to show off you nice work.

I'll try and post a few more when I get a chance. Thanks all for the nice words. I've only been making knives for about 4 years I think? Enjoying it so far.

Nice work. As a new member I enjoy looking at work better than mine. I'm 80, and a disabled rancher. I started knife making when I feel good enough. I've made 76 so far and ran out of friends to give them too. I have not tried to sell them yet. Getting better but not there yet. I build hunters, folders, bowies, and two swords for my grandson and daughter.

Back