Favorite knife handle?

52 Ford

What's your favorite knife handle... Talking SHAPE and material, but mostly shape. I mean, you could have the best materials in the world and with a uncomfortable handle it wont matter... So SHAPE first, material if you feel inclined to add that.

I'm talking about production knives mostly, unless you have something "not-production" and have pictures to share.

I'm just thinkin' that a thread full of nice, comfortable, effective knife handle designs would be good for reference... plus I like lookin' at knives - so there's that, too.

A Coke bottle shaped handle seems to make a lot of people happy. The second most common shape that comes to mind is like a stickball bat — smooth, no contours — on a lot of bushcraft knives. I do not like finger grooves and shapes that limit grip placement too much.

Not sure if that's what you meant. :)

A Coke bottle shaped handle seems to make a lot of people happy. The second most common shape that comes to mind is like a stickball bat — smooth, no contours — on a lot of bushcraft knives. I do not like finger grooves and shapes that limit grip placement too much.

Not sure if that's what you meant. :)
Yup. That's what I meant.

I really like the feel of the handles on my Fallkniven F1. Contoured, but not too much.

For what is worth, I think handle shape is often related to function. The gently curved handle on my favorite skinner is probably not going to find favor with your local sushi chef. That said, I think the straight and smooth handle Mister Coffee described is the second-best handle for almost everything. But handles are personal so your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
Back