Father son set

Kev

First off let me say, I’m not a huge fan of “sets”. Inevitably something goes wrong, and you can’t match them up, so you start over. I especially don’t like bit when it’s a mismatched size set. Like one bigger, one smaller. That said I think this pair turned out nice. 440C as per request, and book matched Turkish walnut from the same piece on both knives. The wood was originally the stock from a ‘40’s era Purdue double gun. 00A5947A-84C1-4711-A17A-F19F86931FD6.jpeg

Well done, they look good.
First off let me say, I’m not a huge fan of “sets”
I agree. I had someone ask me yesterday how much for a complete damascus kitchen set. I haven't decided if I want to walk down that road.

Thank you. It’s actually Turkish Walnut, not that it makes any difference. It actually came from the original stock (broken) of a 40’s Purdey SxS 12 gauge.
Hearing that a Purdey stock was broken kinda makes me cringe. I hope the rest of the gun is OK.

Sets are the worst to do but I think you nailed this one.

First off let me say, I’m not a huge fan of “sets”. Inevitably something goes wrong, and you can’t match them up, so you start over. I especially don’t like bit when it’s a mismatched size set. Like one bigger, one smaller. That said I think this pair turned out nice. 440C as per request, and book matched Turkish walnut from the same piece on both knives. The wood was originally the stock from a ‘40’s era Purdue double gun.

Thank you. It’s actually Turkish Walnut, not that it makes any difference. It actually came from the original stock (broken) of a 40’s Purdey SxS 12 gauge.

Oh....wow! I see you posted that now. My brain just over looked that I guess as it looked so much like ironwood. And ironwood grain really has that tendency to show 3d effects like that. Nonetheless....it looks great.

Oh....wow! I see you posted that now. My brain just over looked that I guess as it looked so much like ironwood. And ironwood grain really has that tendency to show 3d effects like that. Nonetheless....it looks great.
Thank you. I love ironwood, I just don’t have the source for it like I do for the walnut.

Back