Family tradition...

Self Made Knives

A few years ago, when the kids were very small, we started going to a Christmas tree farm and picking one out each year. The kids loved it, we loved the real tree, everything was great with our new tradition. Well, except it always made me sad after the holidays to toss the tree out as trash. I mean, we paid like $40 for it, we all sat around and ooo'd and ahhh'd at it, and then just like that, it's trash.

So, one year, I thought of something I could do with some of the wood from the tree. I made a couple of ornaments and a snowman from it. That started a tradition in our house, every year we now make a snowman out of last years Christmas tree wood. We have a new theme each year and the kids get a kick out of it. Here's a look, check it out. Merry Christmas!

Anthony, I rember you posting this maybe on your facebook page a few years back and really caught my attention. I started doing it last year, so thank you for this I think it is a cool tradition.

Anthony, I rember you posting this maybe on your facebook page a few years back and really caught my attention. I started doing it last year, so thank you for this I think it is a cool tradition.
Cool Justin! Yeah, I posted a pic of the a couple in the past. So, last year I videoed making one but didn't get it edited until well after Christmas. Figured I'd wait til this year to put it out. We haven't picked our theme this year yet but I'm thinking a blacksmith snowman in light of my recent activities.

Back