Face first

JAWilliams

KNIFEMAKER
OK I took the big dive and went face first and got a website. It will not be up for 4 to 5 days. But will keep everyone up to date. OH jkrknives.com is what it is supposted to be.

Best of luck with it.
Remember, keep it simple................
And use lots of photos........................
Go for it!!

-tim

So who is doing the design for you? If you are doing it yourself what program are you using? By the way good luck with it.

What's the skinny James?...fill us in.

BC

Well after posting about getting a website or not, I went and got one. It doesn't have much but I am working on it right now. The name is jkrknives.com. Which stands for James,Katie and Roman. I went with Microsoft Office Live. The domain name cost me $17.00 and I started setting it up. Now to find out how long it takes to get on the web. I may not be able to do to much in the shop but I can get that done right now.

What is the cost to keep it online? I kind of chalendged when it comes to the internet stuff and programs. Is Microsoft Office Live the program to edit your page or what? I have Microsoft Office but have not seen anything about live on it.

Ryan how long did it take to get the search engines to fine your site? I try every night and it still it doesn't come up.

Bill if you get a chance take a look at live. It is a basic program and easy to follow. I just need to sit down and finish it. It has everything I feel that a person could want. You can add and subtract pages. You can add paypal, blog and step by step instructions. After looking at Ryans sight I am trying it. I have to sights, domain names.

Google started picking mine up about 3-4 days after I got it going. You can also submit your site to Google. I'm not sure if that gets you on quicker or not.

mo

There are free website submission tools all over the internet. These tools will submit your URL to numerous search engines.

Running a business (not knife-related...well, sometimes it is) I get a lot of my work off of the internet. Expect up to 4 weeks for things to really start happening.

What is it you want people to find? Your name, or something more broad like "Really Killer Tactical Spoon Weapon.....thing"

Please understand I am not taking this opportunity to advertise here but please look at www.apexbioclean.com. Look at the top of the browser page. That is your HTML title. That's what search engines and spiders look for when you type something to search for. So if your selling Really Killer Tactical Spoon Weapon things make sure to put that in your HTML title. Yes, text and content also play a role but your HTML title runs the show for the most part.

Rule of thumb: submit your website once a month or whenever you make changes (add pics, text, etc).

Rock on.

BC

Last edited:
First thing all you guys need to do if you have a website is list it in your signature just like mine is below this message.

Yup it took several days to catch on the search engines. Another thing I liked about office live is that there is a place that will show where your hits are coming from, ie what forum or search engines

Well if you google jkrknives.com there is my website. But the other search engines haven't picked it up yet. Take a look it is still under constrution and I am still trying to get everything listed. Some things will change so I will post when I change something.

Back