Ever need 3 hands?

KenH

Yep, I usually need 3 and sometimes 4 hands when putting a bandsaw blade on, either a portaband or a 4X6 bandsaw. I'm sure the rest of ya'll learned this trick years ago, but I just learned it yesterday. Use clamps to hold saw blade on at lower wheels, then slip saw blade on top. Works like a champ. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
IMG-3293.jpg

On the portaband blade it was sorta a "hit or miss" thing for me. Sometimes it'd go on good, other times it could be a hassle keeping the blade on the bottom wheel. Where I was having most problems was with a 4X6 bandsaw - the bottom wheel is so far away from the top wheel it was harder to hold blade on both wheels at same time. Gave me the idea of using clamps on bottom wheel.

Yep, I usually need 3 and sometimes 4 hands when putting a bandsaw blade on, either a portaband or a 4X6 bandsaw. I'm sure the rest of ya'll learned this trick years ago, but I just learned it yesterday. Use clamps to hold saw blade on at lower wheels, then slip saw blade on top. Works like a champ. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
IMG-3293.jpg
Been there done that!! PITA is the mother of invention!!thinking man.jpg

Back