Even grinding

Freds Edge

In the hospital at 5 AM for shoulder replacement surgery , drastic measure to achieve even grind lines.

Fred - Bummer on the shoulder surgery! I didn't even know they did shoulder replacements. Hip 'n knee - shoulder is new to me.... Next thing you know they'll be doing brain replacement surgery... I guess that's when they'll come after me {g}

Hang in there and our Prayers are with you.

Ken H>

Dang Mr. Fred ! I hope you get well soon... But don't expect it, I wasn't aware they did shoulder replacements either, bt it makes sense, the shoulder is basically just a smaller hip, well kinda ..., OK NOT MY POINT!!!!! They are similar, without the cup for knobby end of the bone! I knew they re-built shoulders, I've had 2 shoulder surgeries, the second was only to trim up some bone spurs and it turned into a complete re-build! Torn labrum, he had to take it all apart and put everything back together, with plastic screws!!! I guess I didnt rate the Ti that time!

I'll be heading in under the knife in a week or 2...depending, Ive been cut on too much, and starting to wonder if I might run out of the allotted number that you can go, "under"! Kinda got the willy's about it for some reason. Did I mention this will be the third time for this knee? This is the one I destroyed in the Marines, a long long time ago. Still giving me fits, everyday!

Keep us up to date Mr. Fred , I'm sure you'll be fine, probably won't regret it, AFTER!
The after, is once you're all healed up, probably won't do it again either, if it's anything like knee replacement or hip...come to think of it, I've had friends say that they are so glad they did it, but they'd never do it again!

I will agree with you too, that is an extremely high price to pay for even grind lines!! But you got to do whatever it takes to get them straight!...., right? I thought so!

Now if I can only take some of my own advice!
Rex

Boy, that is drastic Fred. Stay brave and keep your mind on the end result, "straight grind lines"
Heal fast Fred.

Fred,
God bless you my friend,I pray everything turns out fine.
FYI,a Bubble Jig would have been cheaper and less painful!:biggrin:

Fred, I had a disc taken out of my neck C 5-6 on the 12th of last month in pursuit of even grinds and the benefit has exceeded the hassle all ready!

Hang in there and do whatever the heck they tell you in post op and when the PT comes calling and you will be a happy man again really soon

Hi, Fred. It's a need to do. I'm sure the ongoing pain has been terrific. Sure it will take lots of time for recovery, but the results could be well worth it.
Have a good recovery.
Frank

Praying for you Fred! In my opinion, if you end up with years of even grind lines....probably worth it!!!
Look forward to hearing back from you,
- Jason

shoulder replacement surgery , drastic measure to achieve even grind lines.

If we had a category for knifedogs most committed knifemaker you would be a easy win. Hope it goes well for you Fred, praying for a quick easy recovery

Back