Etsy store up

Gliden07

Well I've decided to take the plunge! And opened an Etsy store. If anyone wants to take a look and give me their perspective and any constructive criticism that would be fantastic! The name of shop once you go to Etsy is "berkshirehandcrafts" all one word no spaces. Please let me know what you think!

Nice,, Are you going to add a banner for the front page of the shop? Let me know if you need help making one. I have made several with Photoshoppe. I don’t want anything for it. I just enjoy creating. Unless you are all set. Here’s the last one I did. It’s exciting waiting for the first sale. Be patient. Are you on Facebook or Instagram. Promote it there with a link to Etsy.

Nice,, Are you going to add a banner for the front page of the shop? Let me know if you need help making one. I have made several with Photoshoppe. I don’t want anything for it. I just enjoy creating. Unless you are all set. Here’s the last one I did. It’s exciting waiting for the first sale. Be patient. Are you on Facebook or Instagram. Promote it there with a link to Etsy.

No Banner yet this is all really new to me. And don't have the software to make one. Yes I am on FB and Instagram (haven't really gotten the hang of Instagram). I have sold some knives locally to friends and friends of friends at a Ren Fest all really casual. This move to the "Big screen so to speak kinda freaked me out a little. I have a tendency to over think things! I'm sure it will take some time but I wanted to give it a shot!

No Banner yet this is all really new to me. And don't have the software to make one. Yes I am on FB and Instagram (haven't really gotten the hang of Instagram). I have sold some knives locally to friends and friends of friends at a Ren Fest all really casual. This move to the "Big screen so to speak kinda freaked me out a little. I have a tendency to over think things! I'm sure it will take some time but I wanted to give it a shot!

I think it’s great to try this. I haven’t got the hang of Instagram either. It mostly for the young folks. I’m just on Facebook.
Etsy is a low risk and pretty cheap way of having a webpage to showcase your knives.

Looks good. Since most? of the custom knives aren't really handmade or anything on etsy, you might want to get people to come to it from a place where they know who you are, and the quality of your work. Just a thought.

Looks good. Since most? of the custom knives aren't really handmade or anything on etsy, you might want to get people to come to it from a place where they know who you are, and the quality of your work. Just a thought.

I've listed link on Facebook and Instagram. I tried to sell to local people but they are all CHEAPER than the day is long!! I had one "FRIEND" offer me 40 bucks for one of the Demascus knives I have listed (413 layer) the blank from Alabama Demascus cost me more than that. A well known member on here told me not to be the cheapest and not to "give" my knives away. I don't plan on it. I do plan on shifting from, Hunting and EDC type knives to Kitchen knives.

Make sure you keep us updated on how this is going. I'm interested in how Etsy works out for a knifemaker. :)

Been slow lots of lookers but no takers. Also plan on adding non knife related items to appeal to a larger crowd! That's why the name was not blah-blah knives or something something forge.

Etsy has a pretty decent learning curve to get your listings to show up at the top with the keywords you want. Generally those keywords are the same that "the other guys" also want to be seen under. "The Other Guys" are generally the garbage knife makers that are selling for $30 and less.

When you start diving into optimizing your pages, etc. These tools can help: www.erank.com , www.etsygadget.com . They can teach you about "long tail" keywords, competition, etc. It gets pretty in depth and can be important if you want your listings in the top 10 pages. Watch getting pushed into offering free shipping unless you add that cost to your knife. You'll notice many offer free shipping and I believe your ranking can be lowered by etsy if you don't offer free shipping. At least that used to be the deal.

I've got a store but I don't do much with it. Mainly because of the amount of junk on there.

Etsy has a pretty decent learning curve to get your listings to show up at the top with the keywords you want. Generally those keywords are the same that "the other guys" also want to be seen under. "The Other Guys" are generally the garbage knife makers that are selling for $30 and less.

When you start diving into optimizing your pages, etc. These tools can help: www.erank.com , www.etsygadget.com . They can teach you about "long tail" keywords, competition, etc. It gets pretty in depth and can be important if you want your listings in the top 10 pages. Watch getting pushed into offering free shipping unless you add that cost to your knife. You'll notice many offer free shipping and I believe your ranking can be lowered by etsy if you don't offer free shipping. At least that used to be the deal.

I've got a store but I don't do much with it. Mainly because of the amount of junk on there.

Yup I've had the shop up for month in a half and they pushed the free shipping and "what I was going to do for a sale" for Christmas! Haven't sold 1 knife and they want me to lower my price!!

Back