Elk with 1095 and hamon -Added photo of finished sheath

I love that the aesthetic is a mixture of old school frontier and new school tactical. Not to wax philosophical, but the Gadsden Flag in that picture ties it all together. The elk and the handle treatment scream spirit of '76 and the modern blade design brings that Minute Man spirit into the current day when those hard won freedoms are again under attack. this knife is the American story from April 19, 1775 to today.

Masterful piece!

I love that the aesthetic is a mixture of old school frontier and new school tactical. Not to wax philosophical, but the Gadsden Flag in that picture ties it all together. The elk and the handle treatment scream spirit of '76 and the modern blade design brings that Minute Man spirit into the current day when those hard won freedoms are again under attack. this knife is the American story from April 19, 1775 to today.

Masterful piece!
I'm printing this off and putting it in my scrap book. I had actually never thought about the links you stated. Well said! Thanks for your compliment and the thoughtful input!

Masterful piece!

Cue National Anthem playing softly in the background as eagles fly overhead...
I am just kidding, Being the proud owner of one of his Bowies, The Opaul has developed a style over the past year that I like so I understand what you mean I just could not resist...Sorry.

Cue National Anthem playing softly in the background as eagles fly overhead...
I am just kidding, Being the proud owner of one of his Bowies, The Opaul has developed a style over the past year that I like so I understand what you mean I just could not resist...Sorry.

'Murica!

Masterful piece!
Sadly, I fear that most people don't know what you are referring to about the Gadsden flag. I concur completely with your review. Great job , OPaul !

I'm printing this off and putting it in my scrap book. I had actually never thought about the links you stated. Well said! Thanks for your compliment and the thoughtful input!

It's interesting how things affect others, often in ways we ourselves aren't conscious of. Art, music, and any form of creative endeavor has that affect. I don't know about anyone else, but as a knifemaker I think of mysel as a craftsman / technician moreso than anything else. But we are all selling ourselves a little short if we don't recognize that there is art in what we do. When we stop imitating and begin creating, it moves beyond the technical.

To me, the photo of your knife and the Don't Tread On Me makes a bold statement. It sparks that feeling of patriotism inside of me without falling prey to overt cliche.

It's interesting how things affect others, often in ways we ourselves aren't conscious of. Art, music, and any form of creative endeavor has that affect. I don't know about anyone else, but as a knifemaker I think of mysel as a craftsman / technician moreso than anything else. But we are all selling ourselves a little short if we don't recognize that there is art in what we do. When we stop imitating and begin creating, it moves beyond the technical.

To me, the photo of your knife and the Don't Tread On Me makes a bold statement. It sparks that feeling of patriotism inside of me without falling prey to overt cliche.
As usual, well said John. Well said.

Masterful piece!
Hallelujah, AMEN, and pass the ammunition.

Back