EDC for Cousin WIP—- pic of “just about finished”

Kevin you have heard the old saying, Ebony and Ivory. I can already picture that handle!!! Hint Hint!!

Kevin,
I like the manner in which you have joined the contrasting woods in the scales. It seems that the joint has a nice flowing line that compliments the shape of the handle and the spacer in between gives good definition between the different woods. The two different woods also work together well in that they are different enough to contrast, but not so much that they clash visually.

I have had great luck joining woods by using liner material between the two. So far, there have been no issues with customer complaints on the woods doing anything wacky. I think using G-Flex epoxy (which will flex) along with the liner material acts like an expansion joint in a bridge. The woods can move ever so slightly and they don't buckle or crack. Between all that epoxy on the back side and in the joint- combined with the pins, I don't know if the wood can move all that much laterally. It may swell differently and get a tiny bit proud of the other at times, but that's no different from having a wood handle and a metal bolster.

Lovely knife...lovely wife. I say that because I can tell you are finishing your knife at the dining room table...lol! Not many wives would stand for that! Not if there is a shed or garage around...

Good to see that you got the lanyard tube cleaned out. Been there done that and now I bevel one end of the tube and run the epoxy round the tube fractionally back from the end and that way I dont get any in the tube when I tap them into place.

i swab a q-tip in UNIQUE case lubricant, then swab the inside of the lanyard tube before I apply expoxy and put it in the handle. The case lube won't let anything stick. As soon as the handle is all clamped up I push a dry q-tip through the hole and it pushes everything out, leaving a clean shiny bore.

Back