ebay

Ed Day

Hi all
What do you think about the shell bidding on ebay ? Ive been on ebay for a few years now and i see this going on all the time. Somethings you can go to a store and buy brand new for 20 dollars will be selling for 3 times the price with 20 or more bidding on it . Then you check who's bidding and there's one or two bidders that bid on this seller 100% of the time (this is called shell bidding). The seller is using this to jack-up the bids to make more money off of you. Ive seen this at live auctions. So if you go to ebay to bid on something check on the bidding and see if there's any bidders that have 100% bids on the seller. If they are dont bid. And don't be fooled thinking so and so made 100s of dollars or 1,000s of dollars on this and i could sell the same thing for that kind of money.. (it wont happen). Always look at the bidders history first and if there's no shell bidders then wait to the last min. to bid.. I could tell you more what to look out for but that's for another time..:3:

I've seen this also on ebay. I just won't bid any higher than what I think it's worth. Hopefully I left the seller as high bidder on his own item!:9:

I know it happens at machinery auctions, usually shops that went bankrupt. some folks try to get there machines back and just end up running the bid up.

Back