Does anyone make a drip feed bottle for a drill press?

C Craft

Does anyone make a drip feed bottle for a drill press, for holding cutting fluid or coolant? There are times I could use a third hand when doing such and operation on my drill press where I need either cutting fluid or coolant. Currently I am using an old condiment bottle but, you have to have one hand free to give it another squirt and timing can mean a burnt bit or screwed up thread.

I have Goggled it and I see where HF used to have a drill press that came with one but I will be danged if I can find one for sell.

I know I can build one but by the time I find the right bottle and make up a hanger, and the feed lines and put a valve on it too control the feed, etc. etc. it just seems easier maybe to buy one. I don't know maybe I am calling it by the wrong name but I can't seem to find anyone selling a drip feed oilier/coolant system for a drill press or lathe setup!

If I can't find one I will have to build one! Anyone got any ideas here?

Chris,
Cruse the sites for, MSC, or Mcmaster Carr or any of the other machinist supply houses. They exist. it may be difficult to find a small one that's not part of a large industrial size coolant system.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

I think I might have an Idea. I used one for my small salt water reef tank to drip a calcium supplement slowly. you need a 20 oz bottle, a few feet of 1/8 air tubing, and an adjustable air regulator T. I think you can get everything you need from any pet store with a fish section for 5 bucks. Drill a hole in the bottle cap and seal the 1/8 inch tube running from the cap. The other end of the tube has the T. It has an adjustable thumb screw so you can make it drip like once every few seconds. Then just angle it to drip where you need it. Hope that helps.

Back