Doc Holiday WIP

Absolutely beautiful knife. Amazing WIP also. I would imagine you'll get plenty of offers with that scrim on there...very tasteful!

Ok so I finished the scrimshaw, I was going to scrim the other side with a huckleberry branch with berries but I think in this case less is more.Ive already had offers for the knife if I didn't scrim it and turned them down,hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot there.So now it's time to make a sheath that's befitting good old Doc ! View attachment 68087View attachment 68088

Take a bow Wildman you nailed that one!! I have tried Scrimshaw a couple of times. They all ended up in the garbage!! :p

Take a bow Wildman you nailed that one!! I have tried Scrimshaw a couple of times. They all ended up in the garbage!! :p
Thank You,I definitely took my time with it as any screw up would have been hard to fix with all the exposed pins. That actually brings up a good point concerning all crafts but especially knife making,slow down and take your time, I see many new makers get in such a hurry to finish up and it often shows. It's that urge to see the finished product that can sometimes bite you.

That sheath is way cool! Too bad that Doc was scrimshawed on the obverse side so that he doesn't show when the knife is being worn.

Doug
I put him on the show side with the thought of when someone is wearing it and someone goes that's a cool rig you can say if you think that's cool check this out.

Back