Do you believe God?

Jesus Christ makes access to God and thus to grace and salvation.
Udo Schnelle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great point Calvin!

... We are all connected and One, through the effort and grace which is in Christ our Lord.

Sat Nam. I see Christ in you.

Last edited:
No two people totally agree on any religion. There are as many religions as there are people. I believe I am a Born Again Christian, a Servant of my Lord, Jesus Christ, the son of the Living God. But I doubt many of yall would see me as a man on a Spiritual Path dedicated to a Code of Ethics. I cuss, drink, get high and get in more than my fair share of fights. I am a True Believer. But I don't think your version of the bible is The Truth. It may be Your Truth and it may also be My Truth but I don't believe it is Everyone's Truth. I'm True to the Voice Within. Not yours. Mine. And I believe We All should be True to Yourself.

Tim Lively,
It grieves the Holy Spirit of God that lives withn me to see you preach this phoney gospel here.
This vomit of yours is doing harm to the Cause of Christ!
You claim the salvation of Christ then boast about your sin! "The pride of your heart has deceived you!"(Obadiah,1:3)
You claim to be a true believer then tell me that my version of the Bible is not true,then you say it may be my truth and your truth but not everyone's truth. It appears that you are very confused and don't realy know what your convictions are.
Your ignorance is appalling and embarrassing here in this Christian forum. Please restrain yourself and turn to the Bible,read and study until you know the truth before attempting to preach it.
The only response to this post that I will accept from you is an apology to Christ!
"Yet Michael the archangel,in contending with the devil,when he disputed about the body of Moses,dared not bring against him a reviling accusation,but said,"The Lord rebuke you!"" Jude,verse 9.

Govern yourself accordingly,
Calvin Robinson

Ultimately,... there is only one Truth.

Peace be with you brothers and sisters of the Blade.

Last edited:
I have been reared with the Old Testament and have never read or studied the New testament, but I do have some questions.

I agree that it is very hypocritical to sin, ask for salvation, and then sin again. My question (and this is a biggie) is---What is sin?

I was taught that if you followed the Ten Commandments, you would not be sinning. Are there other acts, not included in the 10 commandants, that would be considered sin that are spelled out in the later versions of the bible?

And a second question. If you sin and are forgiven, and you do the same sin again, what happens? Seems like that would be a 'one strike out' and your done.

Please understand the I am just looking for answers, not trying to stir up an argument. Teddy

I see sin as anything that separates us from God.

What happens if we sin, are forgiven, and sin again? I like the way Ray explains it,... "Second chances don't stop at two." However, we should not use God's grace as an excuse to further our sin. Our desire should be to become closer to God and realize Christ within ourselves.

Our faith should be evident through positive action.

Sin is also,… anything that separates us from each other and/or from our true selves.

These are also areas we should work on.

... speaking from the Heart.

I have been reared with the Old Testament and have never read or studied the New testament, but I do have some questions.

I agree that it is very hypocritical to sin, ask for salvation, and then sin again. My question (and this is a biggie) is---What is sin?

I was taught that if you followed the Ten Commandments, you would not be sinning. Are there other acts, not included in the 10 commandants, that would be considered sin that are spelled out in the later versions of the bible?

And a second question. If you sin and are forgiven, and you do the same sin again, what happens? Seems like that would be a 'one strike out' and your done.

Please understand the I am just looking for answers, not trying to stir up an argument. Teddy

Teddy,
There's a sticky you should read,it's called The New Testament

Respectfully,
Calvin

Tai- is smoking a sin? It sure separates us from other people. Personally I believe it is because it hurts our bodies (God's creation). However, smoking is not spelled out in the Ten Commandments. But, something similar is spelled out in the Old Testament--the Hebrew dietary laws. At the time, theses dietary laws were necessary to protect man, again God's creation, from 'hurting' his body.

I believe that these Ten Commandants define sin. But, each man has the choice of his actions. And salvation will be given on the INTENT of those actions. For example--I smoke. I've tried to give it up but it seems my real choice is not to give it up. Over and over again have I tried to stop. I ask God to give me the fortitude to quit, but he hasn't seen fit to do that.

I also choose to not follow the dietary laws, even though they are spelled out. Why, because times have changed and I won't hurt my body. There are some who follow the dietary laws fully. Why?- tradition. They follow the Old Testament without question and that is fine...for them. So, since I try to follow the ten commandments as I believe that they define ultimate sin.

So, would I be considered a 'sinner'?

Teddy,

The way I see it is, nothing from the outside going into the body can defile or corrupt the soul/spirit. All things can be consumed in moderation with a spirit of thanksgiving. Abusing anything is not so good.

Matters of the flesh are one thing, matters of the soul and spirit are another.

We should be polite and smoke outside, so it doesn't bother others. Others should try to tolerate our smoking.

Last edited:
Teddy,
You asked the question of Tai but I will answer it for you.
Yes,you are a sinner,I'm a sinner,we are all sinners. That is why God gave his only begotten Son,Jesus Christ to die for all the sins of the world,even though he never sinned, that whosoever believed in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
If you believe(realy and truly,in your heart) the Gospel of Christ you will be saved,justified,made righteous,a member of the body of Christ,a child of God,a joint heir with Christ. All the details can be found in the New Testament,please if you truly want to know about Christ find someone close to you that can help you understand.

Again,respectfully,
Calvin Robinson

Good point Calvin. We are all sinners... Let's not judge one another.

It is a sin, if it separates us from God, others and our true selves. If we keep it in moderation, with respect to others, and our true selves, it is not sin.

If it makes us feel guilty,... it is not a good thing.

One man can not define sin, on a personal level, for another.

My mission in life is not to convert anyone except myself. I express how I feel in my heart to others not as a preacher but as a seeker. I've had rocks thrown at me for my stand on things all my life. It's nothing new. I am a true believer because I question my Lord in prayer. I have faith in what I feel I hear is truth. I don't need to decide which bible version is truth because I hear it in my soul. He who looks at the heart knows the mind of the spirit.

Really, if you get a chance, read the book of Romans, no other book of the bible spells out the gospel as clearly.

"I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean." Romans 14:14

Therefore,

"whatever is not from faith is sin." Romans 14:23b

I'd go as far as to say I miss that mark nearly every single day... but I'm getting better.

As far as the second question:

"Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven." Matthew 18:21-22

"For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are sanctified." Hebrews 10:14

And last, but by no means least:
"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." Romans 8:1-4

Last edited:

Teddy,
This may help you. I took it from J. Vernon Mcgee's,Thru The Bible,volume five,page1014.
1. Sin is an awful thing.
2. Sin is in the world.
3. You and I are sinners. The only remedy for sin is the redemption of Christ offered when He shed His blood on the cross and paid the penalty for our sins.
4. You and I merit the judgement of God. Our only escape is to accept the work of Christ for us on Calvary's cross. The Bible asks a question that even God can't answer: "How shall we escape,if we neglect so great salvation?..." (Hebrews,2:3). Escape what? Escape judgement-the Tribulation is judgement.The way out is to accept Christ.

"Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." Romans 8:1-4

Excellent point all Christianity points towards this truth.
Another way to look at it would be a traffic stop or tax audit. When the agent of the government put you under the microscope of the law we suddenly fear the we may be judged. No matter how careful we are there is not one person who has kept every point of the earthly law. However when it comes to God's law we fall far short because God is perfect. God knows very well none of us can stand before his perfect law so he provided his Son's death on the cross as the perfect sacrifice to pay for our misdeeds. When you think of the lengths God has gone to allow us to have a right relationship with him it would be similar to being found guilty or murder. And as you stand on the hang mans scaffold the Judge comes up and offers his only son as your replacement. How should you react towards the judge? Myself I'm in shock still after years of realizing this truth. As a father I could law down my life for my family however I could not offer my daughters up for anyone.

1 Timothy 5:8

New American Standard Bible
But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

New International Version
Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

New Living Translation
But those who won't care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.

English Standard Version
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

King James Bible
But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But if anyone does not provide for his own, that is his own household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Infidel 1: one who is not a Christian or who opposes Christianity.

Unbeliever 1: one that does not believe in a particular religious faith.

To me, this is the ultimate message of the bible.

... All human kind are related and one family.

To simply say we "believe" means nothing, unless it's backed up and proven through positive action. Our focus should be on the here and now, and what we can do to make the world a better place for all.

Last edited:
Excellent point all Christianity points towards this truth.
Another way to look at it would be a traffic stop or tax audit. When the agent of the government put you under the microscope of the law we suddenly fear the we may be judged. No matter how careful we are there is not one person who has kept every point of the earthly law. However when it comes to God's law we fall far short because God is perfect. God knows very well none of us can stand before his perfect law so he provided his Son's death on the cross as the perfect sacrifice to pay for our misdeeds. When you think of the lengths God has gone to allow us to have a right relationship with him it would be similar to being found guilty or murder. And as you stand on the hang mans scaffold the Judge comes up and offers his only son as your replacement. How should you react towards the judge? Myself I'm in shock still after years of realizing this truth. As a father I could law down my life for my family however I could not offer my daughters up for anyone.

Well said Brad! Thank you!

One concept I'd like to add to my last post just so there's no confusion is that, since we are all sinners and no one is perfect (no matter how hard we try), in the final analysis any type of salvation, redemption, rebirth, resurrection, forgiveness etc.,... can only come through the grace of God which was/is manifested, once and for all, through Christ our Lord.

Last edited:
One concept I'd like to add to my last post just so there's no confusion is that, since we are all sinners and no one is perfect (no matter how hard we try), in the final analysis any type of salvation, redemption, rebirth, resurrection, forgiveness etc.,... can only come through the grace of God which was/is manifested, once and for all, through Christ our Lord.

:35:

Back