Didn't we use to have a technical area

C Craft

Didn't we use to have a technical area, to report problems. I am missing it or something!!! Anyway here is my problem when I am making a post. The toolbar across the top where you can select bold and change the text color add a photo, etc. etc.. That tool bar is not lit up. Did I get in trouble or have I clicked on something I shouldn't have. Anyone know how to fix this issue??

There's a little gear on the far right of the toolbar that says "toggle BB code" when you float your mouse over it. Is this orange? If so, click on it, and you should be able to format your text again.

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle! I am back!!

Ted if they take my car keys they are in for a surprise, they fit an old piece of junk from 95 with about 150,000 on it. However like me it may complain and groan but, it still works! LOL

I think I must have done that the other day when I was trying to figure out how post a pic!!!

But on another note didn't we use to have a technical section where you could go with problems associated with the PC and the forum interactions? After that last upgrade I don't see it. Of course without my glasses I don't see much up close anymore.

Got in the truck the other day and pulled out my glasses to look at the receipt they had given me at the pharmacy. Cranked the truck and started down the road and I am thinking what is wrong with my eyes, everything is blurry. That is when I realized, the glasses I had on weren't my sunglasses, they were my readers!! :p Can't see to read without them and can't drive with them!! It is hell to get old!!

Last edited:
Hey along with the technical section thing. On the alerts at top of page the last few days, when I open it I will have the same alert posted like 3 or 4 times, same alert same person, the times are different, like 1:54, 1:59, 2:00, 2'02!! I know the same guy is not going back to post the same thread and posting every few minutes, "liked your post"!

Anyone else seeing that???

Hey along with the technical section thing. On the alerts at top of page the last few days, when I open it I will have the same alert posted like 3 or 4 times, same alert same person, the times are different, like 1:54, 1:59, 2:00, 2'02!! I know the same guy is not going back to post the same thread and posting every few minutes, "liked your post"!

Anyone else seeing that???

I'm not seeing that, but you might try clearing your cookies and seeing if that helps anything. What browser are you using?

If it is affected by cookies, your probably right!! I am using Bing at present!!

My PC got hit by lighting a few weeks back. I have the worst luck with PC's

So here is the ole don't look a gift horse in the mouth. My son in law works in a place that they update and trade in PC's regularly!
So he shows up with a hard drive that has been deemed ancient and has been cleared of any info from where it came from, and was headed for the deep6 in the dumpster for electronics.

It has Windows10, wow what an upgrade from windows 7 I am thinking! So now I am figuring how to do things all over again and finding out there are few installed programs with windows 10. However you have the privilege of going to Microsoft and purchasing it!! Appears Microsoft has figured out a way to make money on both ends and down the middle!

I know have apps. Really I don't own one smart device and the guy running them is not to smart either!! I have determined I do not have office but I do have word pad! Really so you are telling I have the one that never was worth a crap 10 yrs. ago!! I had to hand write a letter to a company the other day, about forgot how to do that!! LOL I guess now I know I have word pad/ note pad or what ever they call it!! Technology marches on and the ole fart who never had a computer course in his life, keeps shaking his head and being more confused every time I fire this thing up!! :rolleyes: On the plus side I now have the tool bar at the top of replies back again!! :cool:

Hey maybe I have just missed it but, this morning I noticed something!! We do have a technical area! It is under the heading off, Knife Dogs Community section, a little better than halfway down!!!!!

I swear I looked for it several times and for some reason I kept missing it!! Kind like the old saying, I found it in the last place I looked! I hope so, surely you didn't see it first and then kept looking!! :p

Bing is a search engine. Your web browser would be something like "Internet Explorer", "Microsoft Edge", "Google Chrome" or "Mozilla Firefox" or "Safari" to name the most popular. If using Windows 10 and bing, you may have an easier time with Microsoft Edge as your browser, as it was designed to integrate together a little more seamlessly.

Personally, I prefer Google ecosystem, and mostly use Chrome, and it seems to work just fine for most things. They all have their idiosyncrasies though, and I'm not familiar enough with this forum's software to know which runs more "hassle free" on it.
It does seem like fewer things are being optimized for the longstanding "Internet Explorer" these days, so If that's the browser you're using, I'd see how Edge worked for ya. If you're already using edge, again, try clearing out your cookies.

OK Andrew, now you know the whole terrible truth, :oops: I am computer illiterate as well!! Correct my IE is Edge and Bing is my search engine. I thought I had a better idea of what I am doing but the jump from Windows7 (after being struck by lighting) to Windows 10 has left me scratching my head at the way Windows 10 works!! It seems to be a whole new concept and I am still learning!!
I use to use Chrome with Windows 7 and it was OK and then it seemed to always be so slow. After they made their last upgrade it began to suck!!
After I cleared my history with Windows 10 the other day the forum seems to be working better for me! So I guess an old dog can learn new tricks!!! Roll over, roll over,...……..no don't play dead!!!

OK Andrew, now you know the whole terrible truth, :oops: I am computer illiterate as well!! Correct my IE is Edge and Bing is my search engine. I thought I had a better idea of what I am doing but the jump from Windows7 (after being struck by lighting) to Windows 10 has left me scratching my head at the way Windows 10 works!! It seems to be a whole new concept and I am still learning!!
I use to use Chrome with Windows 7 and it was OK and then it seemed to always be so slow. After they made their last upgrade it began to suck!!
After I cleared my history with Windows 10 the other day the forum seems to be working better for me! So I guess an old dog can learn new tricks!!! Roll over, roll over,...……..no don't play dead!!!

I only know enough to be dangerous, and I went to school Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology...
That said, Windows 10 does have its quirks, and between Windows upgrades and updates, and various other software updates, and service packs, etc... you just can't ever be sure if something is going to keep working. Add in the fact that there's any number of other browsers, operating systems, versions of this and that and the other, it's probably a miracle that anything works, ever!. I feel for the forum owners... ;)

Back