Did Jesus visit the Americas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
could mean ghost ???

Maybe.

He did have a "body" and was able to move through time and space, and seems to have been physically invincible. I think this would support it being post crucifixion/death.

If so,... then He was in His glorified Body.

Last edited:
I think that for the sake of this discussion, compare and contrast etc., we should assume that all the various translations of the bible and as these legends have been handed down, are very close to the original scripts, verbal traditions and/or eye witness accounts, and that the essence of them comes through.

Of course, this may or may not be true, but just for the discussion.

Last edited:
This is a fascinating subject to me, I would like to share my own theory.
Concerning the apostle Thomas:
Traditionally he is said to have traveled outside the Roman Empire to preach the Gospel, traveling as far as India. The Apostle supposedly reached Muziris, India in 52 AD and baptized several people who are today known as Saint Thomas Christians or Nasranis.
Eusebius reported that a century later the 'first' missionaries made it to India only to find there was already a community of christians there, founded by Thomas. They are still going strong to this day.

There are several points that have been made that lead me to believe the pale prophet was not the Christ. I suspect that he was a christian, simply following the great commission to 'preach the gospel to all creation'. With the Lord's help, he brought the word to the Americas. 'And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.'

That's my theory, anyway. I'll ask Him about it when I see Him... :)

Actually, that's a great theory.

Many scholars believe that Quetzalcoatl (The Pale Prophet) was Saint Thomas, but this doesn't seem to be as popular an idea as Him being Jesus. No one knows for sure though.

Last edited:
Not likely Thomas...
According to tradition, St. Thomas was killed in 72 AD. Nasrani Churches from Kerala in South India state that St. Thomas died at Mylapore near Chennai in India and his body was interred there. The accounts of Marco Polo from the 13th century state that the Apostle had an accidental death outside his hermitage in Chennai by a badly aimed arrow of a fowler who not seeing the saint shot at peacocks there. Later in the 16th century, the Portuguese in India created a myth that St. Thomas was killed in Chennai by stoning and lance thrust by local priests, based on the wrong interpretation of inscriptions found on the Pehlvi Cross discovered at St. Thomas Mount in 1547. Later decipherments of the inscriptions by experts proved this myth to be false. Since at least the 16th century, the St. Thomas Mount has been a common site revered by Hindus, Muslims and Christians. The records of Barbosa from early 16th century inform that the tomb was then maintained by a Muslim who kept a lamp burning there. The San Thome Basilica presently located at the tomb was first built in the 16th century and rebuilt in the 19th.
The Patristic literature states that St. Thomas died a martyr, in east of Persia, by the wounds of the four spears pierced into his body by the local soldiers. Some authorities state that St. Thomas died a natural death and that he died in Edessa.

I still think it is fascinating that the apostle who is forever branded for his doubt took the gospel further than any other of his contemporaries that we know of... who knows how far some of the others made it.

I have never studied anything but the old testament, so my beliefs are based on that bible. I know very little about Jesus, but is he considered the 'messiah'? If so, it seems to me that Jesus preached 'man's salvation' and that is good.

However, it seems to me that Jesus has been elevated to 'God' status in that people worship Jesus more than God. Believe me, I don't me to be disrespectful to anyone. but why not pray directly to God?

I would appreciate if someone could explain the Christian view of Moses and his role in shaping the preachings of Jesus. To me, it seems like their preachings were very similar in how one should live his life. This may also apply to the teachings of the Pale Prophet Teddy

The Pale Prophet did teach monotheism and seems not to have come to glorify Himself, but rather the One Great Spirit.

I like the idea of praying directly to God... don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
The Pale Prophet did teach monotheism and seems not to have come to glorify Himself, but rather the One Great Spirit.

I like the idea of praying directly to God... don't see anything wrong with that.

I agree with that. Each person can experience faith/god without a middle man telling you what is right and wrong.

If the Father and the Son are One,... then logically, it seems like praying to either is essentially the same.

Teddy,
If you have studied and understand the Old Testament it should be very easy to read and understand the New Testament.
Yes Jesus is the Messiah
Get yourself a copy of the New King James Bible and read the New Testament. It isn't as long a read as the old testament. You could read it in about the time you have involved in reading and responding to this thread.
I pray that you will come to believe the Gospel of Christ and be redeemed ,justified and sanctified,a member of the body of Christ,a joint heir with Christ as all of us Christians are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never studied anything but the old testament, so my beliefs are based on that bible. I know very little about Jesus, but is he considered the 'messiah'? If so, it seems to me that Jesus preached 'man's salvation' and that is good.

However, it seems to me that Jesus has been elevated to 'God' status in that people worship Jesus more than God. Believe me, I don't me to be disrespectful to anyone. but why not pray directly to God?

I would appreciate if someone could explain the Christian view of Moses and his role in shaping the preachings of Jesus. To me, it seems like their preachings were very similar in how one should live his life. This may also apply to the teachings of the Pale Prophet Teddy

Yes, we christians believe that Jesus is messiah, and without getting into the whole trinity thing, that Jesus is God. If not, His sacrifice on the cross would have been pointless. Man could not redeem himself, so God became one of us, and did it for us. His sacrifice of Himself was sufficient to forgive mankind of sin, once for all.

Moses gave us the old covenant, which told us what we needed to do in order to be righteous in God's sight. Unfortunately in our fallen state we were unable to do it. Jesus fulfilled the old covenant and brought in the new covenant, whereby we are reckoned righteous by putting our faith in Jesus, and the sufficiency of His sacrifice. We are lead by the indwelling Holy Spirit, not the letter of a law.
For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Romans 8:3-4

I agree about reading the New Testament,... with an open mind. No harm in reading it and one might learn something.

I agree about reading the New Testament,... with an open mind. No harm in reading it and one might learn something.

My prayer is that you WILL learn something,the most important thing that you can learn in your life! Salvation through Jesus Christ!

Geprge. thank you very much for your simple answer to my questions. It helped me put some order to my thinking. I appreciate the information.

Of course, some of the replies led to other questions for me. For example, Calvin wrote..."Salvation through Jesus Christ!" The word salvation implies 'saving'. Saving from what? Are we talking about saving man's soul? The concept of heaven and hell?

When things slow down for me, I plan on reading the 'New Testament'. Maybe I can learn something :). ...Teddy

Yes Teddy, the saving of your soul, heaven and hell.
Eternal life in heaven as opposed to eternal separation from God.

The legends of the Pale Prophet do seem to point back to the new testament. In the context of this discussion, it would definitely help.

Chances are, reading it will raise some questions. At first, I'd recommend not being too critical of it and just read it through with an opened mind. That is essentially the way I approach all these books including, "The Book of Mormon" and "He Walked the Americas". There are many good books, but I think in terms of religious studies the new testament should go somewhere at the top. Christianity as a whole, is the world's largest religion.

Last edited:
I can see that I will have a lot of reading to do to catch up to you guys...that's why I am asking questions. So, my next one is: Can man lead a 'Godly' life, leading to salvation of the soul, without an organized religion? Is it possible for man to lead a 'Godly' life so that salvation in not required?

The reason I ask is that, in collage, I took a course in comparative religions. It seemed that the religions I studied all led to the same result,i.e. directions to lead a 'Godly life". Unfortunately, all the sermons in my religion seemed to deal with how much $ I should contribute to the building fund, the education fund, or some other $ based fund. I was looking for how to lead a good life, so I never went back and just made God my best friend. When I walk outside on a sunny morning, I say 'Thank you God". When I am in a financial crunch and something happens to alleviate it, I say "Thank you God". I look around and am thankful for everything He has given me and I thank Him often---just not in a church. ...Teddy

I can see that I will have a lot of reading to do to catch up to you guys...that's why I am asking questions. So, my next one is: Can man lead a 'Godly' life, leading to salvation of the soul, without an organized religion? Is it possible for man to lead a 'Godly' life so that salvation in not required?

The reason I ask is that, in collage, I took a course in comparative religions. It seemed that the religions I studied all led to the same result,i.e. directions to lead a 'Godly life". Unfortunately, all the sermons in my religion seemed to deal with how much $ I should contribute to the building fund, the education fund, or some other $ based fund. I was looking for how to lead a good life, so I never went back and just made God my best friend. When I walk outside on a sunny morning, I say 'Thank you God". When I am in a financial crunch and something happens to alleviate it, I say "Thank you God". I look around and am thankful for everything He has given me and I thank Him often---just not in a church. ...Teddy

I haven't posted here yet but Teddy asked a very important question. Maybe THE most important question a person could ask. Since this is a "Christian" forum I will give you a Christian answer the best I can.
NO, you can't get to heaven without salvation. We are NOT saved by our works but by the grace of God.

Romans 3:23 & 24 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. Being justified freely by his gracethrough the redemption that is in Jesus Christ.

St. John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Romans 10:9&10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You see Teddy its as simple as that and don't let anyone confuse you. We are all sinners but by the grace of God we can be forgiven of our sins and have eternal salvation. All you have to do is believe that jesus died for your sins and ask for forgiveness. Thats it, like I said we don't get there by works but only by Gods grace but we have to ask for that grace to be applied to us.
We are all gonna die, thats a given. Also, our souls are gonna spend eternity somewhere. The 2nd death is what we should worry about avoiding. The first death is the seperation of or souls from our body. The 2nd death is the seperation of our souls from God. I don't know about anybody else but that is what I wanna avoid. If your soul will live for eternity but is seperated from God then the only other alternative is..........................

God bless you all and Merry Christmas.

Teddy, your pm inbox seems to be full so I sent you an email.

"Let us set aside a time each day for our rendezvous with Him. In the silence of our hearts, we make room for Him. We step away from all that confuses and confounds us and are simply with Him. It is there, in His presence, filled with "only" Him that we begin our journey." Pat Aronson

"We can lovingly carry those with whom we disagree in our hearts. That would be a positive step towards decreasing violence in our world. Knowing how cruel words can sound, let us avoid their use. Let us pray each of us will "take the high ground" and witness respect and kindness. There are many issues that divide us. Let us find avenues that bring us together in peace and generosity." Pat Aronson

Back to topic, O.K.?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back