Damascus Hunter

Very nice. How many layers did you have before you flipped 90 degrees and how many layers did you restack?

I use 25 layers 13 (1080) & 12 (15N20) all 1/8 thick x 6 inches long.
After it welded together horizontally, I stretch it out vertically 3 times ,4 stack ,4 stack, 3 stack and then put the eyes in it with dies.

Those are going to be alternating layers of stainless sheets and thin black liner material. You can buy them in different thicknesses to get different looks.
Hmm but how did he bend the material so exactly. Does that mean he bent one layer of steel glued some liner onto it, bent another layer of steel, and got it exact, then glued it to the previous layer and so on?

Or is there enough pressure from the screw connection on the tang to force the aligment to the first thickest metal section.

Hmm but how did he bend the material so exactly. Does that mean he bent one layer of steel glued some liner onto it, bent another layer of steel, and got it exact, then glued it to the previous layer and so on?

Or is there enough pressure from the screw connection on the tang to force the aligment to the first thickest metal section.
I would also like to have more info that looks really good

I generally do one layer at a time and if I'm bending it, I bend each one, glue it, and then move onto the next. The sheets bend easily to fit and can be done with your thumb or something else that you can push with.

Of course I can't speak for exactly how the original OP did it.

That is such a clean looking knife it'd be a shame to take something that nice into the field where it's going to get dirty. NICE WORK!!

The other day, I was wondering how birds eye crushed W's would look. Now I know. ;) Not quite as dramatic as the some laddered blades I have seen but still different.

Back