Damascus for my son's wedding

Gene Kimmi

KNIFE MAKER
Our son is getting married on the 19th and he asked if I could make a damascus wedding ring. I've had the damascus made for a while, and had planned to take it to a friend's house to have him help me turn it on his lathe. First, his family caught Covid which delayed the turning of the ring, then I get it. Tonight I decided to see what I could get done by hand. I think it turned out pretty good.

I also decided to make a cake knife out of the rest of the billet. It is ready to etch this weekend.

There's nothing like pushing the limit on deadlines.

Very cool,this covid is crazy,I'm in Prudhoe bay stuck in my room ,I tested 4 days before I came up and was neg,tested the day I flew and the test comes back positive, I havnt been one bit sick? Hope your feeling better soon Gene !

Gene, both turned out great. Get better soon.
That Covid can be nasty stuff. My daughter had it a couple weeks back. She's still not feeling so hot.

Beautiful gift set you got there Gene. Congrats for your son's marriage.

Very cool,this covid is crazy,I'm in Prudhoe bay stuck in my room ,I tested 4 days before I came up and was neg,tested the day I flew and the test comes back positive, I havnt been one bit sick? Hope your feeling better soon Gene !
Man, the craziest thing would be for me to have to step into an airplane right now. But with Christmas coming up it sure is tempting to visit family. We might end up chartering and just staying in state. Hope your symptoms are mild.

Beautiful work as always Gene! Sorry to hear about your fight with Covid hope it all works out! . On a brighter note congratulations on your Sons wedding!

Back