Damascus Camp Knife With Build Photos

Well it seems I only get a handfull of knives done a year due to work getting in the way so, here's a few pics and a link to the build shots of one finished today...

Blade is Kelly Couples 1080/15N20 5 3/4"
Buckeye Burl handle 5"

The billet used was the first Damascus billet I made after building my press last year. It's about time it ws turned into a knife!

Damascus015.jpg

Damascus018.jpg

Damascus019.jpg

Build progress pictures can be seen here --> http://www.flemingknives.com/campknifebuild.htm

The pictures are not that great but, I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

All comments/critiques welcome.

Thanks for looking. Eric

Looks great man. I like the handle design and the way the bolster is a guard or vice versa.cool 1

Thanks for the nice comment guys! I patterned the blade shape after a mental image of a family knife last seen over 30 years ago. It's a shame it was lost or misplaced... It came over from Germany with my Great Grandfather in the late 1800's. I have his matching Damascus double barrel shotgun from the same era. Again, appreciate your comments.

Hey Eric! Enjoyed meeting you at the ABS Hammer-in! knife looks great! Hope to see you before long. I will be at the Pasadena show next weekend...

Thanks again for all the great comments guys. Greatly appreciated.

Hey Eric! Enjoyed meeting you at the ABS Hammer-in! knife looks great! Hope to see you before long. I will be at the Pasadena show next weekend...

Hello Mark, Great to hear from you and thanks for the compliment. I'll be at Pasadena show next weekend but only on Friday. Will you be there then? Hope to see you there.

Eric

Eric, Ray Laconico and myself are heading down Saturday... bummer. Anyway if we hae another hammer-in here at my shop, I will let know!

Very nice,A job does get in the way of fun projects,but I'm retired so I play when I want to:D:)Regards Butch

Eric, great knife and fun build along!

Steve
--------
Potomac Forge
--------
IN GOD WE TRUST

Back