Damascus Bird and Trout

Very nice!! Quick question? What's your process on doing your maker's mark on Damascus? That looks great!
Randy some folks have a little shield template that they use to paint on a resist and for my taste it's just to much ,what I do is get a good deap etch then clean it up,next I back fill it with white enamel paint and give it a day to dry ,then I wet sand it with 1200 grit and etch the blade.

Randy some folks have a little shield template that they use to paint on a resist and for my taste it's just to much ,what I do is get a good deap etch then clean it up,next I back fill it with white enamel paint and give it a day to dry ,then I wet sand it with 1200 grit and etch the blade.
Thank you very much for the info! I've been trying to find a way to improve my maker's mark on Damascus.

Hi Randy, could you tell me where you are getting the replacement ivory, I need to make some grips for a pistol would like to give it a try, Thanks. Deane

One thing to remember, they also offer milk ivory AKA celluloid ,this was often used as razor scales and as they age they off gas and cause rust so dont use it for knife handles. Lots of vintage razors end up as scrap due to this and it's called scale rot.

Back