Customer's Engraving/Etching Request

Todd Robbins

A customer recently ordered a knife and specified that it have my name, his name, and his business name on the blade. I stamp my maker's mark, and I am at a loss as to how to get all that on this knife. It will be a large kitchen knife flat ground out of CPM 154. Any suggestions?

Look into finding a local trophy/awards business.
The one one I've gone to can laser etch the lords prayer on the head of a pin. (figuratively speaking). It didn't cost much either, they punch it into the computer, it does the rest.

Rudy

Agree with Rudy, look at a trophy shop. I have one here local that can engrave letters in CM154 at 60RC. I had a customer want "Taylor Rodeo Association estd. 1950" on a knife, cost me about $16. Sometimes if I know ahead of time that they want custom marks, I'll put my mark on the "back" side and let them have the "front" for their fru-fru.

I saw a Gary Larson cartoon once that showed a cowboy holding a red hot branding iron that read 'This here cow belongs to rancher Bob Jones' in big block letters, lol. The cow had it's eyes all bulged out in anticipation of getting branded by it.

Back