Conversation Starter

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php

This is a coffee table I made for my game room/mancave and technically it may not be a true collection, but it is most certainly a conglomeration of pickups and momentos that like most of us, I had neatly stowed in cigar boxes since childhood. The first two pics are thru the glass so pardon the glare. pics 3-5 are without the glass and I'll try to give you a rundown using the 3rd pic and starting at the top left corner and continuing clockwise. So here goes. See if you can match the pieces to the description. If you want to see a close up of anything, let me know.
Wire bracelets from native africans, epaulet from South African (Free State) game warden, Lion Brand matches (same as Roosevelt used on safari), pewter elephant cigar lighter, 20 Zimbabwe dollars, old Westclox pocket watch, great grandads gold Elgin pocket watch, .416 rounds, grandpas gold Waltham pocket watch, black nickel plated pocket watch, South African currency (the big five dangerous game on notes), .416 shell wallet, sporting clays registered target pins, grizzly claw, old .22 ammo, silver dollar, piece of eight from shipwreck "el Cazador" sunk off Florida, mushroomed .416 slug from cape buffalo, wishbone from rock pigeon shot and eaten in Africa, rusty hoseshoe nail found in Kalahari desert, penny pounded and folded into small clamshell with pearl inside, asst small folders incl my dad's boy scout knife, turkey beard, Pardue folder, giraffe leg folder from RSA, old south African currency from Apartheid Era before Black govt, Boker top lock auto, Benchmade folder, old veggie sampling knife, turkey beard, small folders incl father-in-laws swiss army from navy, grandpas tortoise folder, great grandpas vest knife to go with pocket watch above, dads folder from PX at Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo, Parker Muskrat, Old Timer, 0ld .22s, cape buffalo molar, rattlesnake rattle, NRA marksmanship medals, fishing awards, bent .416 solid 450 grain slug from cape buffalo headshot, silver certificate dollar, Costa Rican currency............knives are old Schrade, 2 Knives of Alaska, handmade from file and elk rawhide from horse wrangler in British Columbia, handmade from file and walnut (no machines were used), Grohmann, Steve Lombard RSA, Gil Hibben Alaska commemorative, Phil Wilson, marked Sweden, Dunn's, Hen and Rooster, Benchmade bone, 2 unmarked from RSA, and in the center is Adam Michael twisted damascus, mammoth scales and tooth bolster with crocodile dorsal sheath.
Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Steven, that's a great looking collection you've got there. Plenty of things I'd love to own.

I know it's not knife-related, but I would love to see a close-up of the pewter elephant cigar lighter.

Great way to display. Others can enjoy as well as yourself.

All my stuff is hidden away in drawers, boxes, shelves, etc.

Steven ,
I really like the table ! Great idea & love the African memorobelia .2thumbs

Thanks for the photos.
Joe

Also, Just wanted to state this on this forum that The Adam/Michael knife that I own is one of the crown jewels of my meager collection. The craftsmanship and artistry is second to none. Seams, grind lines, and fittings are all perfect.

High regards to Michael,
Steve

That is a great idea. I like that table, and all the momentos you have on display.

Back